Would Pride play a part in moving Bryzgalov?

Guest CoachX

So a few years back, there was an NFL quarterback named Bret Favre (pronounced FARVE), who played for the Green Bay Packers (maybe some of you heard of him). Allegedly he was some kind of big deal, or at least a pretty good player. For whatever reason the fans loved him.

Anyway, the guy was getting old and the team brought in a new coach and GM. They then drafted another QB named Aaron something-or other. Well Arron, let's call him Rogers, was stuck on the bench behind this Favre character and couldn't play until a move was made. As it turned out, Favre was waivering on his first of many retirements, and the team turned to Rogers, essentially forcing the franchise player out the door for good. That's the last we ever heard of Favre ,<cough-cough>

Why would they do this? Well, this Aaron cat had only so many years before he would be a free agent and if he walked, without ever playing for the Packers, the GM, and likely the coach, would have gotten canned over it. So in an effort to solidify their decision and show they were competant, they made the move and lived happily ever after without a shred of media coverage over it.

Okay, so what does this have to do with Bryzgalov or the Flyers? I don't know. I am slightly brain damaged and having a raging case of ADHD, so i got off on a tangent. And I miss football.

Edited by CoachX

Wait... now I remember!

Okay, so the Flyers brought in this train wreck (Bryz), and signed him to a whopper of a deal. One that for reasons I cannot fathom, was met with angst among Flyer faithful. They then shipped out a young up and comer, again with unwarranted criticism. So now, instead of Bryz looking like a good move, he clearly looks like the typical bone headed, lightning in a bottle transaction so often attached to Flyer brass.

My question is, if the Flyers buy this guy out, aren't they clearly acknowledging that they screwed up, and would the axe then fall upon those responsible?

My next question is.... would the pride of those who made the decision, force them to stcik it out with this guy longer, to avoid looking like they are completley incompetant?

First of all, those who are resposible OWN the team, so they aren't about to get canned.

Second, pride? How about moving him for the sanity of the team and this fan?

Oh, and loved the way you posted that you crazy bass tard!

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

i don't think I phrased the question properly. You have to forgive me, too many years of licking the bus windows has tainted my objective sanity.

I guess I was asking, does Homer and Lavy take the blame for Bryz, and subsequently lose thier jobs over it if he gets bought out?

I don't care what "plays a part" in it - just get rid of Bryzgalov. The sooner he's gone the better. He may not be the only weakness in the Flyers' roster but he's a big one and he can be paid to leave.

Even if you think he's an "okay" goaltender nobody believes he's worth his cap hit. We can hardly do worse with almost anyone else...even we're not stupid enough to go after Luongo. At the very least we'll open up some cap space by buying out Brzygalov and that is reason enough imo.

I don't disagree Canoli.. I want him moved to. In the beginning, I was a big advocate of the move and the money they spent. I argued that Bob should have been traded because Bryz would get 60+ starts a season, so why keep him when he could bring something in return.

Well.... I thinnk i was dead wrong. Bryz is not a good teammate in my opinion, or a good goalie. He played good, got paid, and now he could care less.

But, my question was, would the Flyers hang on to him longer, knowing he wasn't the guy, just to save face? Or, if they sent him packing, would someone become the fall guy for it?

I don't disagree Canoli.. I want him moved to. In the beginning, I was a big advocate of the move and the money they spent. I argued that Bob should have been traded because Bryz would get 60+ starts a season, so why keep him when he could bring something in return.

Well.... I thinnk i was dead wrong. Bryz is not a good teammate in my opinion, or a good goalie. He played good, got paid, and now he could care less.

But, my question was, would the Flyers hang on to him longer, knowing he wasn't the guy, just to save face? Or, if they sent him packing, would someone become the fall guy for it?

Logic says he has had 2 years to try and prove his worth and has done nothing of the sort(Bryzgalov). Snider needs to step in front of the camera and take the bullet for pushing for Bryzgalov and buy him out to end his mistake. Briere is gone too at the end of the season if he does not waive his NTC. It won't be lack of performance (although he has been horrid this year) but cap management that ends Briere's Flyer career.

Ed Snider is "the man" in Philly when it comes to Philly sports and he won't mind saying "Bryzgalov didn't deliver what we thought he would." Owners and GMs gamble all the time on players, there's no shame in picking a bad one once in awhile. Of course Flyers' goaltending always has a magnifying glass trained on it but to most of the public it'll just be a "oh well, didn't work out" story. Maybe the hockey beat writers give him hell for a few weeks but Snider won't let those (local) hacks worry him much believe me.

If anything I think PRIDE helps the case for buying him out - not keeping him. Who the hell wants to own a losing franchise?

• Like 1

I guess I was asking, does Homer and Lavy take the blame for Bryz, and subsequently lose thier jobs over it if he gets bought out?

given that the word is that snider forced holmgren's hand on the bryzgalov thing, i can't see heads rolling over it.

and, as was stated, it's getting to the point where pride will demand they buy him out. with every embarrasing outing, snider and the team are getting roasted for the really terrible bad deal they made. the sooner they put that deal in the reveiw mirror, the sooner people stop talking about it.

'course, bobrovsky looking good in columbus is going to be tougher to get beyond, but....

• Like 2