Islanders Game..Random thoughts/opinions

As some of you know, I was "lucky" enough to attend last night's Islanders game. First in person game for me in 2 seasons..

There is nothing like paying $15 to park, and then $7.50 for a beer....NOTHING. Oh, and the beer--from a can, and poured into a cup. Rather surprised the club box didn't have a tap system. Nitpicking, but just surprising

Voracek and Simmonds look huge on the ice...Voracek is as big as Luke Shenn..at least in appearance. I didn't actually check his bio..but with his speed and size, he should really develop in the next several years. Simmonds is a beast..he is noticeable every shift. Kid busts his butt, and plays with emotion. Schenn makes some dumb plays...I mean really dumb. Like, how did you get to the NHL making those kinds of dumb plays..dumb. He also makes some solid plays.

Read is fast...really fast...watching him get in on a forecheck is amazing in person. Rinaldo...is just Rinaldo. He is a heat-seeking missile. It's hard to tell from TV, how hard he skates, and works each shift, but he does

It's shocking how bad the Flyers are in their own zone. DUH, right??? In person, it's even worse. They just run around, throw the puck away, and just look like drunken monkeys chasing their tails. They were throwing the puck around, couldn't complete simple passes-couldn't run a simple breakout.

No idea how Coburn got hurt...nothing stood out at the game-no huge hits from what I could tell.

This team just refuses to shoot the puck..during the 6-4 at game's end...NO one wanted to shoot the puck. It's almost like the are afraid to shoot, if that's even possible.

Overall, had a great time....even with the lousy outcome. I didn't share much "new" information, or anything we don't already know...but figured I'd pass things along.

I was watching this game from different prespective, as casual hockey fan, so I noticed Flyers has more talent, if and when they want to play actaully, but me this team don't want to play at all. It's somehting missing, it sparks once in the while, when they got pissed off but very fast it glow off. I'm not sure the problem, also they are allowed a lot shot near the goalie, so seems to me they all hate Bryz, so may be he need to be buy out and trade it. Remember Ecshe, he was a cancer in the lookroom!

Edited by phlfly

OK, here are some random thoughts:

Pretty good first half of the game. Still haven't played a solid 60.

ARGH! Gustaffsssonnn

D'OH! GERVAIS!

Knew they would go down 3-2 when up 2-1. Never had a thought in my mind they would go up 3-1 and seal the game.

Deflections are what we all want on offense to get by a goalie.

ARGH! Luke Schenn is a moron.

There's no way we're winning the shootout. Only way Bryz stops pucks on shootouts is when the shooter flat out misses.

"Flyers Postgame Live" is more like "Talking Dead"

Time to finish Game of Thrones on Xfinity Watchathon.

Nice report, DGG!

The one thing that made an impression on me as I watched last night's game was that nobody dropped the gloves in defense of Giroux when he was decked into the boards at the end of the third, before they tied it up. Not to drop the gloves may have been the smart and prudent move, but the impression it left on me was that there's nobody sticking up for anyobody. Hartnell did for Timo in the first period which was nice to see, but that felt like an exception. G is your captain. You have to deal with that and to heck with the consequences.

It's not like NOT taking a major for fighting is going to make a difference at this point in this last season. It's already lost. So do it, send a loud, clear, violent message to your opponents and send one to your own teammates - that we're here for each other. I was just thoroughly disappointed with that lack of sticking up for your teammate.

Looks like the NHL has finally and fully neutered this team - not only in their overall play (they seem timid and afraid to be physical) but in their willingness to just be mean, nasty, and rough and tumble.