Pens and Rags 4/5/13

Guest Polaris922

Tight game. Jokinen with his first goal as a Pen. Feisty game. Officials turning a blind eye to a lot. Would like to know what the call was on Dupuis that ultimately got the Rags the tying goal. Shpuld've been a penalty on Sutter rather than a goal by Nash but them's the breaks! Neal out after a big elbow by Del Zotto (no penalty). A see-saw game.. Fun to watch but what the hell should we make if it?!

I think that would have been a very marginal call on the faceoff, since he had both hands holding his stick. And if they had called it, wouldn't they wait for the Pens to gain possession to blow the whistle? Not really sure how the new rule works.

I'd rather them let that go as they did. Would have been different if Sutter would have won the draw, or even just tied it up after that.

Hope Neal is okay, he took the elbow on the button.

@JackStraw Typically for that penalty, they whistle it as soon as it happens because they figure that the player does have possession. But as I said, I would rather see them wait, almost like soccer for and advantage.

I think that would have been a very marginal call on the faceoff, since he had both hands holding his stick. And if they had called it, wouldn't they wait for the Pens to gain possession to blow the whistle? Not really sure how the new rule works.

From the few I've seen called this year.. actually one was on Sutter!... they blew the whistle right away.

@Polaris922

The hard hitting really picked up in the third. Del Zotto's elbow looked deliberate on Neal. Neal didn't appear to be with it when he was helped off the ice. Jokinen had a strong game. He definitely takes his shootout attempts seriously. Not sure how many players have their own special shootout stick??

@Polaris922

The hard hitting really picked up in the third. Del Zotto's elbow looked deliberate on Neal. Neal didn't appear to be with it when he was helped off the ice. Jokinen had a strong game. He definitely takes his shootout attempts seriously. Not sure how many players have their own special shootout stick??

I heard he calls the stick "Wonder Boy".

@JackStraw

@nossagog

@fishbulb

Yeah it's an instant call, and yes something Sutter has been called on already this year. I would rather they let them play as well, just hate when it works out against us. Fleury had just made a bizarre save though so I hate to see him give up a soft one like that. I know Nash has a wicked shot, but in my opinion no goaltender should be caught off guard by a shot from the top of the faceoff circle right off a draw.

@hf101 Del Zotto definitely threw his elbow back hard, but I dunno if he expected to hit Neal in the shnoz with it or just in the ribs or something like that. Either way if Neal is down now too... we're slowly falling apart health-wise. I just hope we have a mostly healthy lineup going into the playoffs.

I think it's awesome the guy has a shootout stick. The minute they started talking about it, I wondered if it's a legal stick! Can they challenge a stick on a shootout? LOL

@Polaris922 What a wicked weapon Jokinen is in the shoot out. Utterly stupid, every GM that passed him up for half price on the waiver wire, a lot of them battling for a playoff spot, and he can provide pts just from the shoot out....I don't get it. He's no star, but he's a top 6 kinda guy who made 3 mill a year, totally bizzare everyone passed on him.

@Polaris922 What a wicked weapon Jokinen is in the shoot out. Utterly stupid, every GM that passed him up for half price on the waiver wire, a lot of them battling for a playoff spot, and he can provide pts just from the shoot out....I don't get it. He's no star, but he's a top 6 kinda guy who made 3 mill a year, totally bizzare everyone passed on him.

For the Pens, I think Shero picked him up for the draws with Sid is out. Damn, he was 13 and 2 on faceoffs last night. Shoot outs are great, but there ain't no stinking shootouts in the playoffs.

According to the Post Gazette and Puck Daddy Del Zotto is not expected to face a hearing for the elbow incident. Whilst never wanting to see a player deliberately injured I have no sympathy with Neal getting elbowed here, what goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch...

According to the Post Gazette and Puck Daddy Del Zotto is not expected to face a hearing for the elbow incident. Whilst never wanting to see a player deliberately injured I have no sympathy with Neal getting elbowed here, what goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch...

Such an overused saying. So, for whom has he ever knocked out that he had Karma coming to get knocked out.

EDI-Flyer, on Apr 06, 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Such an overused saying. So, for whom has he ever knocked out that he had Karma coming to get knocked out.

I believe I said "I have no sympathy with Neal getting elbowed here". You may have forgotten his deliberate elbow throwing in last years playoffs against Giroux and charge against Couturier but most people haven't. Hence my comments on karma and what goes around comes around. Live by the sword, die by the sword etc etc.

Some examples of Neal's attempts to injure:

Edited by EDI-Flyer

@pensuck

I was referring to the leap into the check. That's a Klownwall move all day long. Couturier had just played the puck. The call was charging, not interference. I don't like the leap, but Couturier was fair game.

Edited by Polaris922

Coots was fair game??? That's hysterical. Like I said Kronwall hits people with the puck. Puzzy Neal hits him how long after the puck was off his stick? You can't be serious. So you disagree with me and the entire hockey world who isn't a pens fan. Classic. It was an extremely late hit.

I think that your yellow penguins thong that you have on is way too tight. Its interfering with your decision to calculate common sense properly.

Coots was fair game??? That's hysterical. Like I said Kronwall hits people with the puck. Puzzy Neal hits him how long after the puck was off his stick? You can't be serious. So you disagree with me and the entire hockey world who isn't a pens fan. Classic. It was an extremely late hit.

I think that your yellow penguins thong that you have on is way too tight. Its interfering with your decision to calculate common sense properly.

So two whole seconds after touching the puck is a late hit?? You better adopt soccer. ;). Like I said its an ugly charge and should have been penalized for that, but not late. The entire hockey world apparently doesn't include the officials or the league's reviews, as they agreed it was charging and not a late hit. Maybe your hockey world is slower to comprehend what it's seeing so it just appeared to be a long time since Couturier had touched the puck?

And how, exactly, does one "calculate common sense" anyway?? Lol. Oxymoron? 2+2=4?

Edited by Polaris922
  • Like 1

It's a function that you obviously don't have or can't comprehend. Too much iron ore in the air growing up will do that. We see it in quite a few cases in people that move east from that part of the country.

So two whole seconds after touching the puck is a late hit?? You better adopt soccer. ;). Like I said its an ugly charge and should have been penalized for that, but not late. The entire hockey world apparently doesn't include the officials or the league's reviews, as they agreed it was charging and not a late hit. Maybe your hockey world is slower to comprehend what it's seeing so it just appeared to be a long time since Couturier had touched the puck?

And how, exactly, does one "calculate common sense" anyway?? Lol. Oxymoron? 2+2=4?

Run the Neal hit along side the Giroux hit. It's about 2X as long...the time elapsed from Giroux elbowing Zubrus' head versus Neal's charge on Courturier (once the puck was gone).

If this is Neal's comeuppance I have to fear to what karma has in store for Giroux. ;)

• Like 1

Run the Neal hit along side the Giroux hit. It's about 2X as long...the time elapsed from Giroux elbowing Zubrus' head versus Neal's charge on Courturier (once the puck was gone).

If this is Neal's comeuppance I have to fear to what karma has in store for Giroux. ;)

I'm still sorting out calculating common sense. ;)

@ Polaris

Are you trying to sound stupid?

What does your brain do? How do we have common sense? Through a series of calculations and stimulations in your brain that you don't even know is happening.

Its definately a case of too much iron ore in your system. Those old steel mill day pollutants are hindering your thought process.