Flyers with 10 to go - what's the verdict?

radoran

10 To Go  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many points do the Flyers get in the last 10 games?

• 17-19
    • 14-16
    • 10-13
    • less than 10
  2. 2. Do they make the playoffs?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. How many points do they need to make the playoffs?

• 19-20
    • 17-18
    • 15-16
    • 13-14
    • 12 or less

Hmmmmm, ideally I want a top draft pick but I also want Mason and the team to play well so I am hoping that we lose the rest of our games in a shootout! :D (actually I wouldnt mind if Bryz really found his game either, I just dont want useless points right now, I'd much rather have a top 5 draft pick!)

We lose the rest of our games in a shootout and we'll get 10 totally useless points. I hope Mason plays well and we lose. No OT.

We lose the rest of our games in a shootout and we'll get 10 totally useless points. I hope Mason plays well and we lose. No OT.

yeah, I thought about that, but if we lose the rest of our games some of our players may lose a lot of their confidence which isnt good either.

with this season's off-season's lottery, there's no guarantee of a top five berth just based on points. More likely, yes. Guarantee? No.

they could come in ninth and walk away with Seth Jones.

won't. could.

odds go much more heavily in your favor the lower you are though correct? that is how we lost out on Kane after all when Chicago won the lottery with a higher seed, right?

@trevluk yep, just cause you're last, does not mean you get to pick there.

well if there is any justice, we will get a higher draft pick than our seed this year (I know, never gonna happen) because we may finish pretty low but I dont see the Flyers ending up in last and maybe not even in the bottom 5.

I don't want them to make the playoffs because with this defense, the Bruins or Pens would chew us up and spit us out in the first round.

I would rather be competitive, play some rookies and Mason and get a long look at them and improve our draft position.

Amnesty Briere and Bryz and sign a key free agent or two and go from there.

Jeez, that is rough. You have to endure a season like Colrado has and you still only have a 25% chance of winning the draft. I didnt know they had changed the rules ike that. Of course they do it in a year when the Flyers suck and wil probably get screwed out of a top pick again. Can you actually lose ground on your draft seeding with this system? IE.- if the Flyers finish in 26th could they actually get pushed out of a top 5 pick?

@trevluk

One team will "win" the lottery and get top pick. Everyone else moves back one spot.

Whoops, duh, my bad. I was thinking other teams could jump up too. Brain fart. So if the flyers fininsh the season in 26th place, the worst pick they would end up with would be 6th right? That's not too bad. I dont want to root for the Flyguys to lose games but.....

@trevluk

Yes each team can only move down 1 spot. But a team that missed the playoffs by 1 point could get the top pick.

Well, given the Flyers luck, I wasnt betting on them getting the top pick even if they finished dead last! We've been there before and I have no doubt that it would happen again, especially if Bettman has any way throw the lottery. Depending where we end up in the draft though I could see Homer trading our pick plus another (or a player) for the number one pick.