Mason vs Isles?

trevluk

I saw a few guys on here complaining that Mason let in 2 soft goals last night in the 4-1 loss and I didnt get to see the game so I watched the highlights this morning. 2 soft goals - Really?? I wouldnt say any of the 3 goals I saw were particularly soft. (I assume the 4th was an empty net?) .If I remember correctly all 3 were from low in the slot, only about 15 ft away from the net and one of them was through a screen. Seriously, from that close in, I dont think a goaltender should be expected to make a save on a well placed shot. If he does, it is either lucky or it is fantastic save. I think some of the guys in this forum could beat an NHL goalie from that close in, let alone professional NHL shooters.

Anyhow, the highlights really only showed the 3 goals that Mason allowed, but how did he play overall? Did he make any really good saves?

Edited by trevluk

He a actually played really good. Made a couple big saves to keep it 1-1. The team let him down last night with blown coverage on every goal.

Well that is good news in the face of a loss!! Actually, the loss is good news too! While I cant bring myself to actually root for the opposing team, these losses don't sadden me. I want a top draft pick!

The only one that was potentially stoppable was the first goal. His positioning was a little questionable but also Huskins was struggling to locate the puck and Gervais abandoned his man to help him out which is why Moulson got so open. The Grabner goal he didn't see it because L Schenn screened him. Its a shame because out of all plays Schenn takes the body he just continued to back in and not challenge Grabner because he was afraid of his speed. The Tavaras goal, Gustaffson left his feet to slide and knocked the puck in the net after he made a great save from less than 15 ft out.

The only one that was potentially stoppable was the first goal. His positioning was a little questionable but also Huskins was struggling to locate the puck and Gervais abandoned his man to help him out which is why Moulson got so open. The Grabner goal he didn't see it because L Schenn screened him. Its a shame because out of all plays Schenn takes the body he just continued to back in and not challenge Grabner because he was afraid of his speed. The Tavaras goal, Gustaffson left his feet to slide and knocked the puck in the net after he made a great save from less than 15 ft out.

Yeah good assessment of the goals, that is what it looked like to me too. Glad to hear that despite the score it seems that Mason played pretty well.