Who to root for?!?

Guest murraycraven

Playoffs are upon us... Now that the Flyers are booking flights for vacations and calling for tee times I always find myself looking for someone to root for in the Playoffs. Would rooting for Boston be too much after the recent events? Would rooting for the Wild be wrong b/c Suter and Parise snubbed us?

Rangers - no f'ing way!

Pens - I hope an Islander elbows "the kid" in the head. (sorry)

Caps - nope... Ovie is a douche (cant stand him)

Habs - just can't do it...

Kings - nah... I know a lot of people link them to Flyers West and all but I cannot and willnot root for any Team from LA! Period.

I am left with the Wings, Sens, Isles (yikes), Ducks, Sharks, Nucks and Blackhawks...

In my weakest moment I would like to see the Wings win it. I cant help it - Lidstrom is my alltime favorite player and I think Datsyuk is my favorite player to watch in the NHL.

Lastly, the Pens will not win the cup.

I'd like to see the Habs or Leafs do well only because they are true hockey cities and deserve a successful team.

It would probably make some people's heads explode around here, but I really wouldn't mind seeing the Leafs win the Cup. It's been long enough.

I live outside San Fran so I gotta go with the Sharks, then the Nucks. I kinda feel for the Nucks, they lost a heartbreaker 7 game series in 94 then sucked for many years and then lost another heartbreaker series in 2011. Plus I think it would be good for Canada to win the cup again.

Just dont want it to be the Pens, Hawks, or Bruins!!

Playoffs are upon us... Now that the Flyers are booking flights for vacations and calling for tee times I always find myself looking for someone to root for in the Playoffs. Would rooting for Boston be too much after the recent events? Would rooting for the Wild be wrong b/c Suter and Parise snubbed us?

Rangers - no f'ing way!

Pens - I hope an Islander elbows "the kid" in the head. (sorry)

Caps - nope... Ovie is a douche (cant stand him)

Habs - just can't do it...

Kings - nah... I know a lot of people link them to Flyers West and all but I cannot and willnot root for any Team from LA! Period.

I am left with the Wings, Sens, Isles (yikes), Ducks, Sharks, Nucks and Blackhawks...

In my weakest moment I would like to see the Wings win it. I cant help it - Lidstrom is my alltime favorite player and I think Datsyuk is my favorite player to watch in the NHL.

Lastly, the Pens will not win the cup.

How about the St Louis Blues?

• Like 3

I'm watching StL v LA and it's awesome so far. The Blues look great. I would love to see them win the Cup, that franchise has been around a long time and doesn't have much to show for it.

I'm watching StL v LA and it's awesome so far. The Blues look great. I would love to see them win the Cup, that franchise has been around a long time and doesn't have much to show for it.

I'm watching that game too and it has been fun. Indeed the Blues do look really good and they may be fun to watch If they continue like this down the stretch. The Blues are the lesser of 16 evils as we really haven't had any rivalries with them since the 1st few years of expansion in the old West division. They are the reason why the Flyers became the Broad St Bullies as we toughened up after they beat the crap out of us thus I hold them partially responsible for our Cups. I think I can throw them a bone and root for them. Plus it would be fun to see the Kings lose in the 1st round after having to hear how we helped them win the cup all summer and throughout the season.

• Like 1

I'll still root for the Kings with all the former Flyers and I always liked Dustin Brown too. I also don't really have anyone I dislike on the Blackhawks either and wouldn't mind seeing them get another Cup. I just am really rooting against the Pens and Rangers before anything else.

_Poulin - I would really like to see the Blues go far honestly. I like that Team a whole lot and think they are still sopmewhat under the radar. Also, out of the East I have to go w/ what Merrex said - anyone playing the Pens! Haha!!

Typically, I root for the Red Wings if the Flyers are out and they are still playing. I have always appreciated their style of play... although, they certainly have won enough in the past. I think you are right - time to cheer for the Blues.

Last year when the Flyers were eliminated I wanted the Kings to win primarily due to Hexy finally getting his ring (as well as the Flyers connection of Richards, Gags, Williams, Dean Lombardi, etc)

This year it isn't as clear. I would love nothing more than to see the Pens swept in the first round. I will root for whoever is playing the Pens like I do the Flyers.

I don't want another Bettman small market non hockey market team winning this year.

My first choice would be the St. Louis Blues. A US team with a good fan base (their fans were crazy last night) and one that came in with the Flyers in the 1967 expansion and never won. They play a physical in your face type game and have some likable guys on team

If the Blues can't win than any of the Canadian Teams with the exception of Toronto. The Leafs making the playoffs hurt this year as I could no longer taunt my buddy with the Leafs playoff jersey (a golf shirt).

I would like to see St. Loius Blues or Ducks win it. If I would have to pick one from East....Maybe Caps or Boston, Islanders will not win against Pens. Period.

Like many here, I hope that it wont be Pens, Rangers, Leafs or Canadiens

T