Norris Trophy Finalists - Winner Subban

hf101

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Norris Trophy?

I don't understand how this happened unless Letang's failures in the playoffs were too fresh for the voting to focus on the regular season. Letang outplayed Subban in every aspect of the season.

I believe that voting is done before the playoffs.

• Like 1

Then I'm all the more shocked... No way Subban should've beaten Letang.

Spoken like a true Pens fan. Here's a good way to look at who should win a Norris trophy....

It's game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. You have a faceoff in the offensive zone, one minute left and you're down a goal. What defenceman do you want out there? Subban? Letang? Weber? Suter? Chara? Any of them would be good to put out in that situation, right?

Ok, it's game 7. You have a faceoff in the defensive zone, you're up a goal with a minute left. Who do you put out?

There's no way in hell I want Letang or Subban out there.

• Like 2

Subban only won by a single vote according to Puck Daddy.

Subban topped NHL defensemen in scoring, recording 38 points (11 goals, 27 assists) in 42 games as the Canadiens won the Northeast Division crown and posted the League's fourth-best record. The 24-year-old Toronto native also led defensemen in power-play scoring with 26 points (seven goals, 19 assists), helping Montreal post the League's fifth-best success rate with the man advantage (20.7%). Subban ranked second on the Canadiens in points, plus-minus (+12) and average ice time per game (23:14).

post-2-0-46113200-1371392481_thumb.png

Spoken like a true Pens fan. Here's a good way to look at who should win a Norris trophy....

It's game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. You have a faceoff in the offensive zone, one minute left and you're down a goal. What defenceman do you want out there? Subban? Letang? Weber? Suter? Chara? Any of them would be good to put out in that situation, right?

Ok, it's game 7. You have a faceoff in the defensive zone, you're up a goal with a minute left. Who do you put out?

There's no way in hell I want Letang or Subban out there.

Ah Come on FlyerCanuck, let's not use reason in a thread like this, I absolutely HATE agreeing with a Flyers fan.

@pilldoc

I love the ice cubes. Lol

@flyercanuck

The point is I'd take Letang over the others in the offensive zone, AND over Suter or Subban in the defensive zone. I agree the award is more offense than defense, but I still feel out of the three candidates Letang brought the better of both ends. And it has nothing to do with being a fan. I voted against Crosby in the other category regardless. I just think of these three Letang is better.

Ultimately there needs to be a better way to grade defensive play. I just don't know what that is.

Edited by Polaris922