Game 6

Going to be a wild atmoshpere on the island tonight. Pens will need to refocus, and build on the solid puck control that they had last game. Get through the first 10 minutes,

Keys: No Lineup changes, "If it works, don't touch it"

Make the easy clear, just get it out and make the Isles try to generate offense on their own, and not via turnovers.

Get it deep and bang away. Get the dumpins beyond the goal line, no soft dumps along the walls. Even if the Isles regain the puck, make em go the full distance.

"Let's get Physical, Physical . . . . ", take the body at every oppurtunity, especially with Tavares. You have to target their stars, legally, as they are targeting ours. Give him no space.

Shoot the friggin puck. I know that dirty goals are great for the highlight reels, but they count just as well. Get the puck on net at every oppurtunity and use size in front to go for rebounds.

Looking forward to it, beer is chilling. Let's GET IT ON!

No bad juju!

Yeah I agree with hf, pens probably win 7 - zip......they might as well not even play the game....ya Isles have no shot :P

Edit- @nossagog extra points for working in an Olivia Newton John reference, well done!

Edited by sarsippius

13 min to go.....pens fans have got to be squirming abit...."IF" it goes game 7....anything and anything can and will happen......

give the Isles credit.....they certainly are not playing like a #8 seed........

Shoot the friggin puck. I know that dirty goals are great for the highlight reels, but they count just as well. Get the puck on net at every oppurtunity and use size in front to go for rebounds.

Don't think they got the memo...Pens being outshot 35-17...wow......

Don't think they got the memo...Pens being outshot 35-17...wow......

I vote to remove Letang's nomination for the Norris for that attrocious pass that set up the third Isles goal. Just another in a long don't know how many bad passes by the Pens. Unreal. It's like their just coasting and hoping someone scores a goa..

Edited by nossagog

Vokoun won this series.

No doubt. There is no question who was an MVP of this series.

Not that the outcome is really that surprising, but I really hoped the Isles could pull this off. They did everything they could in Game 6, but Vocoun was unbelievable.

Vokoun won this series.

Vokoun had a huge impact... But Dupuis with five goals already? Eleven points for Malkin, ten for Crosby and Iginla... Letang & Martin at six and seven. Team effort on scoring and finally a goaltender not putting the puck into his own net.

Something of note... For the first time in four years... Malkin had a good if not great first series. I'd say great but he made a lot if defensive mistakes and bad turnovers.

His numbers may have been good, but his play was spotty. Look at the last 8 mins of reg tonight and the OT. He was flying, pinching and skating. Most of this series he's been floating. He needs that focus ALL the time.

Oh, and HEY PENS SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT THE PUCK ON NET!!

Putting the puck on the net will be a lot tougher against Ottawa. Ottawa also brings the physical play and then there is Anderson....sporting a 9.5 save% against the Canadiens.

Putting the puck on the net will be a lot tougher against Ottawa. Ottawa also brings the physical play and then there is Anderson....sporting a 9.5 save% against the Canadiens.

The Habs don't have the offensive talent or grit of the Pens. And I have a hard time believing any team could bring physical play any more than the Isles did in this series. To their credit they really let it all out on the ice. They hit everything.

Superstar talent but questionable work ethic.

For some reason those two things often go hand in hand. Not sure why that is other than maybe the super talented players have been coddled all of their careers. There are many examples of this though with a few exceptions, Crosby being one of them. Not sure if I have ever seen him take a shift off.

As hard as it is for me to say, congrats to the Pens and you fans on moving on to Round 2. A tip of my cap to the Isles for giving the Pens everything they could handle. A couple bounces or calls go a different way and Isles possibly take both games 3 and 4 or even tonights game and the out come may have been different.

Before the playoffs I would have said the Pens would steam roll through the Eastern Conference with the exception of Boston and certainly should dominate Ottawa but now I'm not so sure. The Pens showed some chinks in their armour this series and need to bring a different level of play going forward. This series may have awoken the sleeping giant though. We shall see.

It certainly helps that Vokoun stepped in and did an outstanding job. If he continues this play I would say there is a good chance the Pens try to unload Fleury and his 5 mil/year contract this summer.

Edited by trevluk

As hard as it is for me to say, congrats to the Pens and you fans on moving on to Round 2. A tip of my cap to the Isles for giving the Pens everything they could handle. A couple bounces or calls go a different way and Isles possibly take both games 3 and 4 or even tonights game and the out come may have been different.

Before the playoffs I would have said the Pens would steam roll through the Eastern Conference with the exception of Boston and certainly should dominate Ottawa but now I'm not so sure. The Pens showed some chinks in their armour this series and need to bring a different level of play going forward. This series may have awoken the sleeping giant though. We shall see.

It certainly helps that Vokoun stepped in and did an outstanding job. If he continues this play I would say there is a good chance the Pens try to unload Fleury and his 5 mil/year contract this summer.

For me, I I did NOT want to see the Isles in the first round, honestly. The Isles ALWAYS play the Pens tough, and they play a trap. The Pens have issues with teams that play the trap. Bylsma has NEVER been able to put a scheme in place for it. Add to that the high energy that the Isles play with, and it was the same recipe as the past two years.

Hugh props to the Isles, I'll admit it they were better this game, and for a majority of the series. I hope the Pens get a few days of rest, and watch some of these games and see the effort that the Isles put into the series, and ask themselves why THEY didn't have that effort.

Edited by nossagog