Let's let the players decide the gamem

Guest nossagog

Watching the games tonight, it seems that the NHL is using the 'Let em play' attitude for the officiating. Head shots, leaping checks, crosschecks, checks from behind, its all okay, just let em play. Both games have have been filled with uncalled dirty plays, this is what I hate about the let the players decide the game attitude.

• Like 1

Ovechkin needs to be suspended for leaving his feet checking McDonagh into the boards.

Ovechkin has done things like that his whole career, and the nhl typically looks the other way. He's not a dirty player, its just his passion. His passion has already ended one players career, who knows how many concussions he's delived with his leaping checks.

Ovechkin needs to be suspended for leaving his feet checking McDonagh into the boards.

At least I'm not the only one who notices this. And it's not even like the checks are useful (outside of the intimidation or chance to cause physical harm). He keeps striding and leaping and elbowing guys in the head at least 2-3 seconds after the puck is down the ice. It's not like he's hitting a puck carrier coming into the zone or receiving a pass. It just looks, and is, dirty.

• Like 1

@pensuck

Best player? Lol. Most people know Ovechkin is a dumba**... That he'd support your theory discredits it even more. Anybody who watched game 6 knows they could easily have called half a dozen more against the Caps and didn't.

Edited by Polaris922

Ovi on refs: "Not saying there was a phone call, but they wanted Game 7. For ratings. You know, lockout, escrow, league must make a profit"

With all the crap his team got away with he says this???? Yep, just a classy guy.

Hey Ovie, maybe your team lost because they couldn't score a goal in two straight games. Maybe they lost because the Grape Ape, Hart trophy finalist, had a total of 2 points in seven games. Maybe he should have thought about how to score goals instead of watching for unexpecting players to rail, you know, the the object of the game IS to score goals.

@pensuck

Already happened... when I was 6 I said "the solar system is humungous!"... we all know Bryzgalov took awhile but eventually backed me up "Solar system is so humongous big". It's not just a conspiracy!

Edited by Polaris922

Posted · Hidden by hf101, May 14, 2013 - flaming
Hidden by hf101, May 14, 2013 - flaming

@Polaris922

@B21

You guys must be related. Typical ignorant western pa morons. Good luck kissing each others asses and defending each others posts.

In the future don't be so sensitive and come to the defense of each other so often. You act like little puzzies. Just like your boy Cindy.

@B21

Read my post. I said coincidence.

You try it now. State something on the edge and we'll see if a player says the same thing to back you up. Good luck with that.

Say something on the edge....like Canada sucks? OV is the best player in the NHL? Sorry if I am not as "brave" as you, JR and Milbury.

@B21

Actually I was referencing the post I made in another thread. It was about the NHL, ratings, revenue and the league wanting game 7's. It was also before ovie brought it up to the national media. But you already new that since you seem to respond to everyone of my posts to polaris.

I also never said Canada sucks.

Nice try though.

@B21

Actually I was referencing the post I made in another thread. It was about the NHL, ratings, revenue and the league wanting game 7's. It was also before ovie brought it up to the national media. But you already new that since you seem to respond to everyone of my posts to polaris.

I also never said Canada sucks.

Nice try though.

Sorry - I don't go thread hopping to find posts from other threads that you mention here.

But I did see an entire thread dedicated to your thoughts on Canada...err Candians. I'll let the Canucks here deal with that one.

You mean the thread I started about Toronto fans ( a small number I said) that booed the national anthem against the Bruins? The one that said how I love snowmobiling in QC and hunting in BC? Yeah, that's really tough on all Canadian's.

Then we find out the Toronto announcers said that Charas pix was on the big screen during the anthem. Resulting in the boos.

Nice try x2

You're team has a good chance of winning the cup this year. Concentrate on that and stop hating. Have a great day:)