Did the Playoffs Prove Phaneuf Has To Go?

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Leafs get rid of Dion Phaneuf?

• Yes
    • No

It has been a trend all season in my eyes, but on the big stage it seemed even more obvious. Dion does not hustle when he should, he consistently coughs up the puck and is all around a liability in his own end. He is overrated in my eyes (and according to a poll by the NHL last year, everyone else) He is not worth 6 million. He could be used to bring in a top 6 forward to play with Kessel or elsewhere. I think he has to go captain or not what do you think?

Yes I am a Leaf fan!

I thought he had to go by year 4 in Calgary. I know Leaf fans put this down as the greatest robbery since the Gilmour trade, but when you take his $6.5 million caphit into consideration, it doesn't look too good anymore. Phaneuf is one of those guys who looks great if all you watch is highlights, and looks terrible if you watch games.

It has been a trend all season in my eyes, but on the big stage it seemed even more obvious. Dion does not hustle when he should, he consistently coughs up the puck and is all around a liability in his own end. He is overrated in my eyes (and according to a poll by the NHL last year, everyone else) He is not worth 6 million. He could be used to bring in a top 6 forward to play with Kessel or elsewhere. I think he has to go captain or not what do you think?

Yes I am a Leaf fan!

Not getting how a player who is widely regarded as overrated by "everyone" would garner a Top 6 forward.

• Like 2

Here's a photo of Dion Phaneuf in junior. He still has the same really cool hairdo, but it's before his "look how serious I am and i mean it" facial expression that looks so phoney nobody can take him seriously...

Martin-Short_2-540x590.jpg

• Like 1

It's been obvious to me he should go for quite a while. Dispite the nice stats this year, he is the weak link....problem is, the Leafs are stacked at left defense, but Cody Franson is the only other quality right d on the Leafs, so that is a real area of weakness. Even the kids on defense ie Rieley, Blacker etc are all left d men.

• Like 1