Cry baby Quick

trevluk

Everyone seems to love Jonathan Quick, but IMO the kid is a bigger cry baby than Syd when he first was in the league. The Sharks score 2 clean goals tonight and the little toddler cries like someone took away his lollipop. Good for the ref for hitting him with unsportmanslike penalties. He's a good goal tender but the kid needs to grow up.

The cameras turned to other feeds when he started to throw a tantrum after the OT goal. I assumed he was just pissed and slamming his stick as he skated off but they cut away and I only say a few seconds of it.

Quick whined to the ref after the first goal about Thornton interfering with him. I didn't see any interference, just a big screen. I guess that's the way Quick is...Something doesn't go his way so he complains.

Has he done this before?

I don't recall Quick doing this before. He may have complained about the interference, but I think the largest issue was the refs putting them down 5-3 going into overtime in the playoffs. The calls were chintz and Quick likely told them so a little too emphatically.

• Like 1

@ruxpin

I disagree about the calls being chintz, as you put it. The hooking was pretty clear, and then the goalie interference was pretty blatantly running into Niemi to shake him up. I mean, he leans into him AFTER separating from the Sharks defenseman. I thought they were legit calls. So if Quick wants to be mad at anybody, he needs to look no further than his own locker room.

• Like 1

@ruxpin

I disagree about the calls being chintz, as you put it. The hooking was pretty clear, and then the goalie interference was pretty blatantly running into Niemi to shake him up. I mean, he leans into him AFTER separating from the Sharks defenseman. I thought they were legit calls. So if Quick wants to be mad at anybody, he needs to look no further than his own locker room.

My question was actually part serious & part "poke the tiger". I don't watch a lot of Western Conference games and was curious if Quick had every behaved like this before. I'd never heard of him having this kind of reputation. If this is not the first time (or the 2nd or 3rd) he's "behaved" like this then I guess he's a "cry baby".

If this is the first time, it's kind of amusing that one incident is all it takes to gain that reputation in the eyes of some.

I think you see where I am going with this (think Flyers/Devils in the playoffs last year). ;)

God forbid a guy's emotions get the better of him (like Quick's did here apparently) during an intense playoff series.

• Like 1

Has he done this before?

I don't watch a lot of Western Conference games and was curious if Quick had every behaved like this before. I'd never heard of him having this kind of reputation. If this is not the first time (or the 2nd or 3rd) he's "behaved" like this then I guess he's a "cry baby".

If this is the first time, it's kind of amusing that one incident is all it takes to gain that reputation in the eyes of some.

I think you see where I am going with this (think Flyers/Devils in the playoffs last year). ;)

God forbid a guy's emotions get the better of him (like Quick's did here apparently) during an intense playoff series.

All goalies complain about interference and non-calls, but it seems to me that Quick is way more animated and volitile when things don't go his way. He has (numerous times) smashed his stick against the goal when they lose games.

This may be the first time he's received a game misconduct for his actions, though not the first time he's been animated. And who knows what he said to the referee. That's what got the game misconduct.

I think with the way he plays... with the desperation he plays with... and the intensity it must take to perform like he does?... i wouldn't give a **** if he sacrificed virgins after losses. The guy is a stud.

• Like 1

All goalies complain about interference and non-calls, but it seems to me that Quick is way more animated and volitile when things don't go his way. He has (numerous times) smashed his stick against the goal when they lose games.

This may be the first time he's received a game misconduct for his actions, though not the first time he's been animated. And who knows what he said to the referee. That's what got the game misconduct.

Sounds more like a fierce competitor than a cry baby. Would you prefer that or just a shrug and "Get 'em next time..." attitude? Any coinicidence that Hextall is the Assistant GM?

• Like 1

Sounds more like a fierce competitor than a cry baby. Would you prefer that or just a shrug and "Get 'em next time..." attitude? Any coinicidence that Hextall is the Assistant GM?

I love his game and the fierce competitor and I don't even mind the smashing the stick. It's the flailing of arms and protesting the interference that may or may not have happened that I don't like. As I stated previously, all goalies complain about interference. I just think Quick does it more than others.

By the way, I didn't call him a "cry baby"...the OP did. We all know there's only one crybaby in the league!! ;):P

I love his game and the fierce competitor and I don't even mind the smashing the stick. It's the flailing of arms and protesting the interference that may or may not have happened that I don't like. As I stated previously, all goalies complain about interference. I just think Quick does it more than others.

By the way, I didn't call him a "cry baby"...the OP did. We all know there's only one crybaby in the league!! ;):P

Yeah but why attack Hartnell when he's not even around? That's low man!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...