Has anyone seen Ryan Pulock Highlights?

Guest RonJeremy

Check out Pulock on You Tube, when he winds up and shoots, you cant believe the torque he gets on his stick and the sheer power of this kids shot. The netting gives way like you cant imagine. He really knows how to rush the puck and also sneak in for some great goals in front, aside from the canons he lets loose from the point. Our biggest weakness is a puck rushing offensive defenseman, this kid is exactly that. I wish we somehow could make a trade and get with another first rounder and draft 2 dmen. Id love to come away with Nurse or Risto and Pulock. We would then have a physical guy and an offensive guy.

i would take him, i just hope homer sees that when streit retires, they will need a player to replace him while not overplaying for free agents. it's the mistake that homer keeps making, even before he got pronger he should have drafted a d-man instead of trading the pick for eminger.

Funny, I remember a bunch of posts during this past "season" saying the D was always out of position. Good thing these wingers masquerading as defenseman can help!

Nothing personal about Pulock, I know nothing about him.

@doom88, actually one reason our defense was out of postion is no one is capable of skating the puck up ice to create quick transition, having a mobile guy like Pulock can certainly help in that area. It would be nice to have 3 defensive guys and 3 guys who can move the puck up ice,It would also be nice to have one defenseman who can actually hit the net with a point shot.

It would also be nice to have one defenseman who can actually hit the net with a point shot.

Not sure what you are watching, they hit the net..all the time. The net over the glass... :lol:

Edited by DaGreatGazoo

actually one reason our defense was out of postion is no one is capable of skating the puck up ice to create quick transition, having a mobile guy like Pulock can certainly help in that area.

Of course, we could have just kept Carle.

@doom88, actually one reason our defense was out of postion is no one is capable of skating the puck up ice to create quick transition, having a mobile guy like Pulock can certainly help in that area. It would be nice to have 3 defensive guys and 3 guys who can move the puck up ice,It would also be nice to have one defenseman who can actually hit the net with a point shot.

Seriously. What about the 12 up front doing their job, and the 6 back doing theirs? Defensive defender does not imply inept passing. They were out of position when the forwards didn't cover their responsibilities, stretching the two D to cover 3 or 4 guys. And, the forwards were not skating in the neural zone to receive an outlet pass. The defenseman can pass, but how many bounced of a forwards' stick and came back the other way?

The Flyers do NOT need offensive defenseman. They need coaching, fundamentals, and a swift kick in their asses. Inconsistency is the biggest issue outside of the Bryzaster in net.

@doom88, well I don't disagree with you about the overall team play, maybe we are better of with a more defensive coach like Terry Murray. We do have a lot of younger forwards who did not have great second years, we did have the most injuries of any team, and in the stretch run, we did win some well played games against good teams. Unfortunately it cost us a better draft position. I still think we need an Offensive style type of dman, since our two skating guys are 35 and 39, we have Grossman and Schenn as the stay at home slow guys, Coburn can skate but cant score, I think having some puck skills on the blueline , just makes us an all around better team. Im not saying we want an offensive guy who is a total liability defensively, but it would be nice for the Flyers to draft a stud dman for a change. Id like to see our dmen make some plays , like Chicago and Bostons guys. With all the quality dmen available in the draft and the age of Timmo and Streit, and Bourdons, Grossmans and Mezs injuries, it would be foolish not to draft a dme., We have led the league in injuries to dmen forever, going back to Hatcher and Rathje., right up to Pronger, Mez, etc. We have to start building a nucleas of defenseman so were not up against the wall every year having to trade of overpay for a UFA. I will take Risto, Nurse or Pulock.