Letang Update: Leafs Front Runners?

B21

Rob Rossi's sources are typically the echo of his own voice sitting next to a set of penguins dolls at home. I would not put much into this at all until I heard it from a reliable hockey source.

Possibly. It would "make sense" thought. Same division conference but they have the cap room and the pieces (i/m/o) that the Pens would want back.

Letang turned down eight years at $7 million!! Good Lord!

Not sure which is more surprising....that they offered $7 million per or that he rejected it. I wonder if the sticking point is a NTC...Pens do not wan't to includ (or want a limited one). He wants a full one.

So..........Toronto? ;)

@Polaris922

Guess everything isn't sunny in Pittsburgh afterall?

I heard he wants to play in Philly Los Angeles with Richie and Carts so he can cruise Old City and Sea Isle and brush up on his NHL '98. Maybe get some hair highlighting tips from Carts. ;)

Per Rossi...

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4246465-74/letang-penguins-contract#axzz2XW9UwjMt

Letang rejected an 8 year, $54 million offer...cap hit of $6.75 million (I can live with that). Letang wants $7.5 million. If I am Shero, I do not budge.

Negotiations with Dupuis and Cooke are continuing.

Negotiations with Orpik look like they will start soon.

If a trade was necessary, the Penguins would prefer to move Letang to the Western Conference, and they are intrigued by prospects with Anaheim and Vancouver, the sources said.

Hmmm....

Not sure which is more surprising....that they offered $7 million per or that he rejected it. I wonder if the sticking point is a NTC...Pens do not wan't to includ (or want a limited one). He wants a full one.

So..........Toronto? ;)/>

Bobby Ryan? There are rumors about Anaheim and a history there. I'm sure Shero will get good returns.

@Polaris922 After Letang turned down the latest offer, I'd say it's code for "I believe it's time for me to move on with my career". Does he really think he's better than Drew Doughty, who makes far less??

The "next" contract is always the biggest.

Bobby Ryan? There are rumors about Anaheim and a history there. I'm sure Shero will get good returns.

No on Ryan for me. The "biggest" piece coming back has to be Letang's replacement...they way Sutter was for Staal.

Gardiner, Khulemin, 1st rounder this year and a forward prospect would do it!

@B21 I believe Gardiner will be a top 10 defensemen in this league. He has the ability to lift people right out of their seats with some of his moves. That's why I found it hilarious that the Leafs buried him in the A after he recovered from his concussion. Elite skater does not even cover it with this kid. Based on that alone, your trade seems a bit steep....ha ha.