Phaneuf a Possibility?

Guest Green Man

I've read some rumors about Dion Phaneuf possibly being on the block in Toronto, with the latest involved in Letang rumors?

I've always liked this guy and would live to see him in Orange and Black, but not sure we even have enough to land him or if we could make it fit with the cap.

Anyone else heard anything on the Phaneuf trade rumors?

LeTang signed w/ Pitt so not sure... I think Phaneuf is a decent player and certainly a very good open ice hitter but at 6.5M no thanks... He is also an UFA after next season so I would not be willing to give up much of anything to get him.

please no...not in Philly plus ain't his price tag 6 million hahaha...no effin way

Could you imagine him and Hartsy on the same Team?! After last year that would be interesting and like I said he is nowhere near the price tag in terms of cap hit. Also not worth the price tag to acquire him... I want no parts of DP...

You know what? I change my vote now that Hartsy came up. What if we trade Hartsy for Phaneuf? Phaneuf only has one more year and Hartsy has several. This way we're out of both cap hits next summer.

I've read some rumors about Dion Phaneuf possibly being on the block in Toronto, with the latest involved in Letang rumors?

I've always liked this guy and would live to see him in Orange and Black, but not sure we even have enough to land him or if we could make it fit with the cap.

Anyone else heard anything on the Phaneuf trade rumors?

He is expensive...besides use his contract space and sign Blum out of Nashville is younger and waaaay cheaper.