Scuderi is a Penn

Guest Mad Dog

I'm shocked he did not get at least 4 mill, he must have left money on the table to go back to Pitts, where he was more comfortable. LA was trying to sign him right up till the end, he was the reason Voynov could roam so freely, having a reliable stay at home type to cover him while he rushed the net.....but loss for LA. I like the cap hit, very reasonable under 4 mill for a legit shut down guy.

More moves to be made....I think. Right up against the cap with 2-3 forward spots to fill....especially if they plan on making qualifying offers to Bortuzzo and Jeffrey.

At this point, I would think Niskanen is on the market.

Orpik / Martin

Letang / Scuderi

Depres / Engelland or Bortuzzo

This move should have got more press. It's no coincidence he won Cups with different teams. A legit shut down defender if there ever was one. This is a HUGE addition for the Pens.....colour me jealous!!!

• Like 2

Great move for the Pens. I personally was glad to see him go the 1st time around. No coincidence that since Scuderi left, the Pens have had issues come playoff time. Not thrilled that he is back with the Pens. Solid player. Agree with @jammer2, wish he was weawring O&B.

@Polaris922....you must be giddy with excitement. Like the prodigal son coming home for you guys.

• Like 2

I remember a conversation with a Pens fan on the old philly.com site about Scuderi when he signed with LA that went something similar to :

Me: you guys will miss him he's a winner and one of your better players on the blue line. Pens fan: he's good but we have some guys that are younger that can do what he does, LA got a good player, but i don't think he's worth being upset over.

As a flyers fan i hate this signing. he will make Letang more Letangy and has some intangibles to his game that people like to overlook but contribute to wins. he's a winner and very good player. good signing for you guys.

• Like 1

I remember a conversation with a Pens fan on the old philly.com site about Scuderi when he signed with LA that went something similar to :

Me: you guys will miss him he's a winner and one of your better players on the blue line. Pens fan: he's good but we have some guys that are younger that can do what he does, LA got a good player, but i don't think he's worth being upset over.

As a flyers fan i hate this signing. he will make Letang more Letangy and has some intangibles to his game that people like to overlook but contribute to wins. he's a winner and very good player. good signing for you guys.

Letangy? You just opened up a whole can o'worms with that one!

Will Scuderi make Letang "Letangily Letangy"?

On a more serious note - I like (not love) the signing though the years are longer than I would have liked (3 OK...4? Meh.)

@B21

that's the thing now isn't it ?

On a more serious note - I like (not love) the signing though the years are longer than I would have liked (3 OK...4? Meh.)

all the contracts are for longer than anyone likes.... for the most part, you either pay rate or term and the trend seems to be paying term if you want to sign the good player or "get your guy" especially for the upper mid-level guys like Dupis and Scuderi. Edited by mojo1917

@B21

that's the thing now isn't it ? all the contracts are for longer than anyone likes.... for the most part, you either pay rate or term and the trend seems to be paying term if you want to sign the good player or "get your guy" especially for the upper mid-level guys like Dupis and Scuderi.

I can live with a longer contract if it means a lower cap hit as it did with Scuderi.

• Like 1