Lauridsen Signs, 2 years

hf101

AJgoal made the first post

@davegisaac #Flyers announce they've signed RFA defenseman @greatdane25 to a two-year deal.

edit: Some of the Prefix tags cause a database error the "signed contract" is one of them.

2 years, 1.2 million. Base pay is lower, but it's a one way deal, so he'll see more money. Good value for the Flyers.

Flyers are at 48 contracts. When Wellwood and Manning sign, they'll hit 50. Not sure when that limit goes into effect, though. Stolarz will slide for sure, Laughton could as well, which would open up two more contract spots.

Good. Glad it happened. But at this point the Flyers have a glut of d-men. These are the d-men who are currently signed.

Timonen

Streit

Grossmann

L Schenn

Gus

Coburn

Mez

Lauridsen

Bourdon

Gervais

I think it's safe to eliminate Gervais. But that's still 9 regulars.

There're gotta be be more trades on the horizon. I wouldn't be surprised ot see both Mez and Coburn gone.

• Like 1

The deal is said to be 2-way the first year and a one way contract the second year. -- maybe a smart way to manage this years salary cap.

Maybe the offseason cap, but reg season cap it'll have no bearing on.

Maybe the offseason cap, but reg season cap it'll have no bearing on.

Off season or not it won't matter the first year on the Phantoms or Flyers he will get 600K.

The 2nd year he'll make more on the Flyers and just 600k on the Phantoms.

It's what makes it a one way or two way.

I wouldn't be surprised ot see both Mez and Coburn gone.

And Bourdon has injury issues. I hope our old guys, Streit and Timo, can hold up. Grossman also has had concussion issues and Mez has been plagued as well by the shoulder injury he just can't shake. But if you see him gone, then that's less of a concern. I like the mix of young and old (or experienced), but the injury bug still concerns me greatly. We have a handful of guys who have a history and could be out in a heartbeat after one bad play. Coburn has at least been healthy. Maybe they should try to hold onto him.......

This article if from about this time last year and it plays like a broken record. http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/8/7/3225497/andrej-meszaros-injury-defense-flyers

Gambling on youth with less injuries or bank on solid Defence from old men with get hurt often

Timonen

Streit

Grossmann

L Schenn

Gus

Coburn

Mez

Lauridsen

Bourdon

Gervais

You could drop grossman,coburn,gervais and make a bid for Ryan Whitney. Which would give you 8.