76er's Ownership buying the Devils?

Guest hf101

The owners of the Philadelphia 76ers are reportedly bidding on the ownership of the New Jersey Devils.

according to @howardeskin

Con't... NJ Devils value in Forbes placed at 205 million. #sixers owner Josh Harris and his group have billions. Buying Devils chump change.

The following are comments from Travis Hughes

But meanwhile, as a Flyers fan ... well, there's certainly some trolling potential on Harris' behalf here, right?

Two years after buying the Sixers -- the team that was pretty clearly never Ed Snider's priority when compared to the orange and black -- there's a chance that he, a tenant of Snider's Wells Fargo Center, will also become the owner of one of the ex-owner's team's biggest rivals. Can you imagine Ed Snider on the days of Sixers home games, knowing that the Devils' owner is in there presiding over the home team? Somehow I think that would mildly upset him.

And that's before we get to the Philadelphia fans, so many of whom would probably not take kindly to one of their owners also owning a rival team in another league no matter what the underlying reality of the situation is.

Like I said above, this doesn't really make a difference at all to me and I don't think it'll make a big one for the Flyers. And no, I don't actually think that Harris and his group would throw $200 million around for the sole purpose of being able to laugh at Flyers ownership/fans about it. But there would almost certainly be some sort of ramifications within the city were the sale to go down.

I can't say I'm in favor of it unless they move the team.

I personally have no problem at all with it and don't really see the conflict the writer of the article seems to think there is.

And honestly, is there really that big a crossover between Flyers abd Sixers fans that it really matters much? I don't think so.

• Like 1

I personally have no problem at all with it and don't really see the conflict the writer of the article seems to think there is.

And honestly, is there really that big a crossover between Flyers abd Sixers fans that it really matters much? I don't think so.

I'm with you. I don't give a **** about basketball, but it's more than that. I simply don't have a problem with this one bit. It's his money, outside of using it to hurt somebody, what do I care?

I was listening Macnow and Gargano on the way home from work yesterday when the story broke. They were all up in arms about this. I'm talking legitimate anger.

They were the same way when Pappelbon was saying he didn't come here to lose, but openly defended another player with a longer stint here throwing the team under the bus. He may be an a-hole, but he's right, the Phillies blow this year. I don't care how long he's been here, it doesn't negate whether he's right or not .To puff your chest out over one guy doing it, while excusing another, is bull****.

I heard some callers, saw some people on Good Day Philly, and have since heard other hosts express the same anger Macnow and Gargano did. I just don't get the mindset that goes into this. All this talk of it being a "violation" or "betrayal" just makes me think the people acting that way are big f-cking dorks (and not very bright either).

• Like 1

@fanaticV3.0 Among their first moves might be firing Lou!!! We can only hope!

Oh, please.

They may trade Lou - it would be a three-way trade involving Homer in which Lou winds up GMing the Rangers AND Penguins while the Rags get Giroux and the Pens get Simmonds and Voracek.

The Flyers get Brodeur.

:ph34r:

Oh, please.

They may trade Lou - it would be a three-way trade involving Homer in which Lou winds up GMing the Rangers AND Penguins while the Rags get Giroux and the Pens get Simmonds and Voracek.

The Flyers get Brodeur.

:ph34r:

This would be hysterical. Coffeey, Hawerchuck, Pronger (though he could still play, but injuries played a factor) would be nothing compared to getting Brodeur of all people in his golden years. It would actually be a sign of the apocalypse.

Edited by fanaticV3.0

You know what else I've heard that kind of baffles me? Gargano, Macnow, Cataldi, and some callers from both of their shows have expressed this opinion. They are all outraged that he hasn't been interviewing coaching candidates in Philly. Apparently, he's been interviewing them in NY? This is something worth wasting energy over?

You know what else I've heard that kind of baffles me? Gargano, Macnow, Cataldi, and some callers from both of their shows have expressed this opinion. They are all outraged that he hasn't been interviewing coaching candidates in Philly. Apparently, he's been interviewing them in NY? This is something worth wasting energy over?

The Sixers are not something worth wasting energy over.

• Like 2