now I am concerned

trevluk

I got my first real look at the Flyers tonight (hadnt seen any games yet, only read about the preseason and game 1 on this board so I hijacked the game tonight and got to watch about 30 minutes of it and I was embarrassed to be a Flyers fan in those 30 minutes. I know that is an incredibly small sample but I gotta say that from what I saw, this team is flat out terrible. Vinny aside I saw nothing from this team that makes me believe we will even make the playoffs this year. If you look at individual talent on this team there is no reason that should be the case so you gotta start to point the finger at coaching and preparation. Giroux looks like he has absolutely no businees being a captain and looks totally lost. (I cringed when they made him C last year and thouhgt it was a HUGE mistake and it appears that I was right. The kid has absolutely crumbled under the pressure of wearing the C and may not recover.) Our D is not capable of moving the puck and taking advantage of some of the skilled forwards that we have. Our goaltending seems to be actually decent and I cant fault them for these first 2 losses but they also obviously havent been able to steal a game. I fear we are in for a very long season, except for Lavy, who is in for a very a short season most likely. Sigh.

It certainly wasn't not a fun game to watch as a flyers fan.  Spending almost an entire period short handed doesn't help.  It has really been much of the same as last year.  At this point it doesn't matter who they have in net.  I must say however that I like how Vinny and Matt Read are playing. It would be nice if Simmonds can accept a pass and have a bit more puck skills. It seems the puck just bounces of his stick a lot. I also have liked Streit which is a bit surprising. I would now rather see Streit on the 1st PP than seeing Kimmo taking another penalty for hold/interference on the PP when the puck is turned over.  I like how couturier got a hair cut in the off season. Other than that it is pretty depressing.

I also like the fact there is another game to watch. As a fan I can always hope they can turn it around...

Lavy will be fired, it's a matter of when, not If. Homer might not be too far behind. This team is loaded with too many of the same type players, Grinders. Giroux and Voracek have offensive abilty but they have to grind as well. No gifted goal scorers on this team.

Lavy will be fired, it's a matter of when, not If. Homer might not be too far behind. This team is loaded with too many of the same type players, Grinders. Giroux and Voracek have offensive abilty but they have to grind as well. No gifted goal scorers on this team.

Vinny would be the exception...however he IS 33 and has, over the past several years, had a slight decrease in point production.

I was embarrassed to be a Flyers fan in those 30 minutes.

I feel your pain but it's only 2 games into the season and they have scored a whopping 2 golas in 2 games ZERO 5 on 5...just don't know how this can be Lavy's fault, last i looked he sits on the bench...

...at some point the players have to look them selves in the mirror and realize ain't no Calvary coming they have to pull together and solve the issues, when they are getting chances these guys are missing the net....

...hard to even score when you can even get simple shots on net!!!!!

Backwards passing, drop passes to noone still, that lead to turn over they can't/won't keep it simple and it starts whith the simple stuff. To many passes and to many long wind up shots....it's like they forgot how to take accurate wrist shots....PERIOD!!!!

At this point i can't just blame this on Lavy to much talent here for that yet....when do we put some blame on the players???????

when do we put some blame on the players???????

when they get good looks and miss the net (Flyers' shooters have been really off-the-mark so far)

when they lose their cool under pressure and start flinging the puck away blind...

when they stare at the puck on a PK and let their man slip behind them...

when they leave 1 or 2 guys alone to advance the puck by themselves...circling back when it's too late...

when they take shots before the other skaters enter the zone, from angles that  - unless it goes in - guarantees a turnover...

etc

There's things to knock Lavy for but I you are so right it's up to the players to make plays - regardless who's behind the bench.

when they get good looks and miss the net (Flyers' shooters have been really off-the-mark so far)

when they lose their cool under pressure and start flinging the puck away blind...

when they stare at the puck on a PK and let their man slip behind them...

when they leave 1 or 2 guys alone to advance the puck by themselves...circling back when it's too late...

when they take shots before the other skaters enter the zone, from angles that - unless it goes in - guarantees a turnover...

etc

There's things to knock Lavy for but I you are so right it's up to the players to make plays - regardless who's behind the bench.

This is dead accurate IMO