Lego Theory: Homer's Plan as GM

murraycraven

Vinny, Read and Simmonds are playing well...  the rest of them? Horrid.

What happened to this Team?  Giroux better start stepping it up b/c he has been flat out bad in the two games this year.   I said it a million times and I just do not think this team is a playoff contender.   Homer built this Team like he was playing trying to build a car with Legos.   Yes, all the pieces might fit together but if you dont select the correct Legos you end up w/ square tires.

Edited by radoran
split from another thread

Vinny, Read and Simmonds are playing well... the rest of them? Horrid.

What happened to this Team? Giroux better start stepping it up b/c he has been flat out bad in the two games this year. I said it a million times and I just do not think this team is a playoff contender. Homer built this Team like he was playing trying to build a car with Legos. Yes, all the pieces might fit together but if you dont select the correct Legos you end up w/ square tires.

Homer would just go out and buy more Legos. NTTAWWT :ph34r:

• Like 2

Doom - LOL...

the problem is he will purchase them at a flea market (old) and pay above retail prices.

yes ..and only to find out that once he got home some of the pieces are broken and missing... <_<

• Like 1

After taking them from the "some pieces broken and/or missing" pile.

:ph34r:

because he failed to read the sign -----> Warning! These pieces are broken. We cannot be held responsible for what may or may not work for you.  BUYER BEWARE. Acquire at your own risk! <_<  :ph34r:

Edited by pilldoc

because he failed to read the sign -----> Warning! These pieces are broken. We cannot be held responsible for what may or may not work for you.  BUYER BEWARE. Acquire at your own risk! <_<  :ph34r:

No, they actually told him that at the checkout counter and allowed him the option of putting it back and getting another one.

Homer just screamed "BUT I WANT IT!" until they let him go.

No, they actually told him that at the checkout counter and allowed him the option of putting it back and getting another one.

Homer just screamed "BUT I WANT IT!" until they let him go.

At which point Snider just looked away instead of correcting this temper tantrum behavior.....why ...Because he just wants to win now!

lol @radoran..... I got nothing else :)

Giroux said in post game, "We have to keep doing the same things, sticking to the plan"  

oh yippee, that plan didn't work until major components of the team were injured last season.  Our defense is slow.  Transition is slow.  (I know that is why Homer signed Gill - to be more of the same)

I'm tired of the Mez and the Grossman mistakes as they are trying to catch up to the play, Gill also had his share in the pre-season.

yeah, the second line and the goaltending has been ok.... Unfortunately our opposition has been playing with 4 lines of offense, 3 d-lines and a goalie.  

My plan for Homer has him getting canned and working at LegoLand in the Mall of America.  He should be gone before Lavy. The coach has my respect more than the GM. He was dealt this "deck of cards" to play with. Homer failed to get an adequate enough offensive d-man and his forwards are not good enough without that highly skilled offensive d-man. Streit is not good enough, and Timonen is flat out old at this point, and no one (including maybe Coburn himself) knows what the hell he's doing out there. Looking back, if the deal was there like it might have been, they should have traded Couturier for Subban.  Their offensive needs a serious kick in the a*s.

• Like 2

Clerk: "would you like the extended warranty on that Lego?"

Homer: "No, I was told I only need to get that if the Lego is reconditioned."

Clerk: "I should probably point out the big red lettering in the middle of the front of the packaging that says 'RECONDITIONED.'"

Holmgren: "yeah, but if something happens, I can always return it."

Clerk: "please note the flashing neon sign over my left shoulder that says 'No returns.' Would you like the warranty?"

Holmgren: "I don't think so. Maybe if it were an antique. You know like older than 35 years old or something."

Clerk: "Sir (growing exasperated), maybe you should note the name of the store, as shown by the name on the top of the store, the front of the parking lot, and throughout the store: 'Antiques-R-Us: All Things Over 35!'"

Homer: "Oh, I didn't realize. Well, I already decided I want it. It should be fine."

[On the way out to the parking lot the sun light hits the Lego, cracking the already brittle Lego. Holmgren turns, looks at both the "Lego Babies" store and the "Antiques-R-Us" store and returns to the latter. He has a frequent shopper club card there, after all]