If Lavvy gets fired please NO CRAIG BERUBE, PLEASE

Mario99

If Laviolette is fired, it would be yet another case of a GM firing his head coach to cover for his own mistakes. While it's good to be (somewhat) agressive and pro-active, Holmgren has, in my opinion, overdone it. The Mike Richards' trade was the beginning of the end, in my opinion. He traded away a lot of character and while he did get some skills back, it wasn't enough to compensate. His inability to address the goaltending problems in Philly are his biggest downfall, although I was one who thought that Bryzgalov was a decent goalie... but the contract?!?!?

• Like 1

If Bylsma can coach, might as well give Berube a chance. He might coach with a soft voice, but carry a big fist. I don't know what his style would actually be, but if he gets the right complimentary coaches (not Kevin Stevens), it might work.

@murraycraven

Oh hyperbole, I'm familiar with that concept.

I do have a point though. Bowman would foster an atmosphere of accountability, so if your 4 million dollar defenseman isn't playing the way he should, he watches with Clarke. Your captain makes too cute a drop pass to no one, he sits until Scotty is sure he won't do it again. There is not much of that coming from this mgmt team.

• Like 1

@murraycraven

Oh hyperbole, I'm familiar with that concept.

I do have a point though. Bowman would foster an atmosphere of accountability, so if your 4 million dollar defenseman isn't playing the way he should, he watches with Clarke. Your captain makes too cute a drop pass to no one, he sits until Scotty is sure he won't do it again. There is not much of that coming from this mgmt team.

Ahhh ..accountability...now there is a new  concept (sarcasm font here).  I agree mojo....we need a coach who is going to hold these players accountable for their actions on the ice regardless of their vetern or contract status.

Ahhh ..accountability...now there is a new concept (sarcasm font here). I agree mojo....we need a coach who is going to hold these players accountable for their actions on the ice regardless of their vetern or contract status.

Here's where Lavi is screwed. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do at this point. Is he supposed to cut Giroux's ice time? Hartnell? Sit them in the press box? The time for this type of action has passed. This would have been good a year ago. Now, Lavi has to know he's in his death throes. He has to be thinking very immediate risk/reward. He needs to win games NOW and sitting his top players--while prudent long term--does't immediately give him the best chance of pulling off a win.

I'm afraid the "accountability" ship has sailed with this coach. Stopping smoking isn't the answer when your cancer is already end stage and your polsox are in the 50s.

Ahhh ..accountability...now there is a new concept (sarcasm font here). I agree mojo....we need a coach who is going to hold these players accountable for their actions on the ice regardless of their vetern or contract status.

Here's where Lavi is screwed. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do at this point. Is he supposed to cut Giroux's ice time? Hartnell? Sit them in the press box? The time for this type of action has passed. This would have been good a year ago. Now, Lavi has to know he's in his death throes. He has to be thinking very immediate risk/reward. He needs to win games NOW and sitting his top players--while prudent long term--does't immediately give him the best chance of pulling off a win.

I'm afraid the "accountability" ship has sailed with this coach. Stopping smoking isn't the answer when your cancer is already end stage and your polsox are in the 50s.