My plan is working?

Jmdodgesrt4

Said about a year ago ..... Lottery team for two years and gather our young talent and be a playoff team in the third year. Now I know we screwed that up last year by winning meaningless games at the end to ruin our lottery pick but maybe this is the year?

@Jmdodgesrt4  This is crazy talk, only 2 games in. I realize they looked pathetic, but I'm willing to give them a few weeks to right the ship before going off the deep end. The offense is not this bad, but I'm REALLY concerned about the mobility of the defense, been saying that since the summer months.

The mobility of this defense is horrible. They're just simply terrible at getting it out of their own zone. And dumping it into the corner with no ability to go get it or know what to do with it if you do is not a game plan.

I'm not jumping ship 3 games in. The start of a new season doesn't make me magically forget what preceded. The very end of last season was a mirage and should have been seen as such. It was nothing more than an organizational inability to even lose when it's in its best interest.

Nothing has changed. We still have the same handful of clueless, slow defensemen. We've added Mez-who sucks-and Streit. No real difference there. Meanwhile, we have a guy like Gus who can actually skate with the damn puck sitting in the press box.

The offense is absurd. It is NOT good enough to score consistently and having Scott Fricken Hartnell on the top line can only be explained by significant brain damage.

And we have a goalie giving up a simple wrist floater from 60 ft. out.

Anything new? No. People say "three games in," but the honest, non-medicated truth is it's simply a three game continuation of the disaster of last year.

Tick tock, tick tock, time is running out on Holmgren and his band of idiots.

• Like 3

The mobility of this defense is horrible. They're just simply terrible at getting it out of their own zone. And dumping it into the corner with no ability to go get it or know what to do with it if you do is not a game plan.

I'm not jumping ship 3 games in. The start of a new season doesn't make me magically forget what preceded. The very end of last season was a mirage and should have been seen as such. It was nothing more than an organizational inability to even lose when it's in its best interest.

Nothing has changed. We still have the same handful of clueless, slow defensemen. We've added Mez-who sucks-and Streit. No real difference there. Meanwhile, we have a guy like Gus who can actually skate with the damn puck sitting in the press box.

The offense is absurd. It is NOT good enough to score consistently and having Scott Fricken Hartnell on the top line can only be explained by significant brain damage.

Anything new? No. People say "three games in," but the honest, non-medicated truth is it's simply a three game continuation of the disaster of last year.

*THIS!!!!!!!

Damn, well spoken...

Look at this forum after 3 games. Honestly tell me you think 3 seasons can happen, for the sake of draft picks.

Doom,

I abolutely think it would....   I think most just dont see a plan.  Stick w/ the Core and draft and build it that way.  Stop signing overpriced has-beens to long term deals...  

Doom,

I abolutely think it would....   I think most just dont see a plan.  Stick w/ the Core and draft and build it that way.  Stop signing overpriced has-beens to long term deals...  

really, though?  would people be ok with the team going .333 over the next 3 years, losing season after losing season after losing season...for the sake of 3 possibly high draft picks that each might turn out to be a big deal at some point over the next 10 years?  at that point, every single player currently on the roster would be UFA, except for the schenns, couturier, and rinaldo...and given a specific plan of sucking for years, likely not resigning.  giroux would be 28 by the time the three year sucking was over, into his early 30's by the time the resultant draftees were NHL ready and producing.

if you are looking for a full rebuild, you have to look for a full rebuild.  trade voracek, giroux, simmonds for picks, sign old guys to fill out roster spots, hunker down and watch a bad bad bad team until 2016.  and then start hoping that the newly rebuilt squad can pull itself together over the following 5 years.  so, look for a successful flyers squad sometime around 2020.  

do you really think anyone here would patiently twiddle their thumbs enjoying that their team isn't even trying for the next six years?

edit:  the above is called The Edmonton Recipe For Success.  and they have no wins so far, either.

Edited by aziz