St. Louis Post Dispatch hates the Blues

bunnyman

The Blues win last night, but where is it on the sports page? Under a HUGE story about outfielders for the Cardinals. The Blues win barely gets above the fold!!! Then I see an editorial with fans "staying away" in it's headline!!

That rag is just that- a freaking rag. Why do I subscribe to that rag?

@bunnyman

Here is what you do. Write your own report.

I cannot stand the reporting on the Wings, unlike the uber critical crap usually flung at the Flyers or the apathetic non caring coming towards the Blues, the Wings reporting is a non stop love fest, a certain reporter for the Wings is so enamored with hanging out with pro athletes that he acts like an 8th grade girl with a crush on the star quarterback. So sickeningly sweet, puff pieces.

So in here I write my own. I know it is a Flyer dominated forum and hell, much of what I write may never be read but I write it for myself, to force myself to think for myself and not just read the saccharine that spews from the Detroit reporters. I have found myself picking up on nuances of the game that otherwise I would miss and sure as hell are never reported in the local papers, I find myself watching and enjoying opposing players more as time goes by. Write your own in here, I do a game log in here, I miss one or two but I try to write one up as often as I can, and I am telling you it helps with dealing with bad reporting from my favorite team and sport. Give it a try. 

Edited by yave1964

@yave1964

I always enjoy reading the other side of the coin of someone who understands the game and doesn't wear blinders. You fit that description very well and I am certain there are several people on this board(regardless of team) that will agree. Now if we can just do a little something about the Kronwall love, we will be good.... :P

• Like 1

@bunnyman

Here is what you do. Write your own report.

I cannot stand the reporting on the Wings, unlike the uber critical crap usually flung at the Flyers or the apathetic non caring coming towards the Blues, the Wings reporting is a non stop love fest, a certain reporter for the Wings is so enamored with hanging out with pro athletes that he acts like an 8th grade girl with a crush on the star quarterback. So sickeningly sweet, puff pieces.

So in here I write my own. I know it is a Flyer dominated forum and hell, much of what I write may never be read but I write it for myself, to force myself to think for myself and not just read the saccharine that spews from the Detroit reporters. I have found myself picking up on nuances of the game that otherwise I would miss and sure as hell are never reported in the local papers, I find myself watching and enjoying opposing players more as time goes by. Write your own in here, I do a game log in here, I miss one or two but I try to write one up as often as I can, and I am telling you it helps with dealing with bad reporting from my favorite team and sport. Give it a try. 

Most know I'm a big fan of Helen St.James. She calls it like she sees it, is critical when necessary...no management love fest here. She is not controversial, but I give her credit for not pulling many punches. Just an excellent hockey writer who knows the league very well.