Gionta and Gallagher versus Mason

yave1964

Looked pretty classless last night, as time was expiring and Mason went to leave the crease Gionta appeared to get up in Mason's face, Mason looking more and more like the Mason who was Hitchcocks best friend in Columbus threw a crosscheck into Gionta knocking him back and Brendan Gallagher who had been hovering around jumped Mason, knocking him to the ground before order was restored.

I like Brendan Gallagher, I like his gritty play sitting up in front of the net but that was cheap last night. I wish the ref's had allowed Matt Read to have cleaned his clock. You lost. Get over it. The Hab's came across as a bunch of little crybaby losers with the way Gionta and Galagher acted, if they had shown that much fire and determination all night they may have actually altered the outcome.

@yave1964

I didn't see the game as we usually play Thursday nights (6 guys showed up for us but we played them to a 0-0 draw). I saw the boxscore and wondered what happened. I'd like to see this...and those Flyers better know who their MVP is this season.

edit: OK just watched it and glad to see Read jump in there. Habs just looked frustrated....I know the feeling.

@yave1964

I didn't see the game as we usually play Thursday nights (6 guys showed up for us but we played them to a 0-0 draw). I saw the boxscore and wondered what happened. I'd like to see this...and those Flyers better know who their MVP is this season.

Timmonen dog piled Gionta and Read attempted to get at Gallagher but to no avail. Gallagher (who is my type of player in spite of the cheapness last night) will likely be targeted the next time they play. I am gonna look the game up on the schedule and try to remember to DVR it.

I liked Mason's response and it would have been nice to see Read tune up Gallagher. I am not sure what Gionta said but it definitely set Mason off. Rosehill will dress the next time these 2 teams play because it is going to be a chippy game. Rosehill will be assigned to Parros, not any of the other lightweights. Rinaldo has been waiting for a good reason to unload on someone if Gallagher would be able to fish his testicles out of his purse and man up. Pretty brave being the 3rd guy in jumping a goalie...... <_< I think Emilin will need to find his too after his head shot(unpunished) on Downie.

Edited by flyerrod

I liked Mason's response and it would have been nice to see Read tune up Gallagher. I am not sure what Gionta said but it definitely set Mason off. Rosehill will dress the next time these 2 teams play because it is going to be a chippy game. Rosehill will be assigned to Parros, not any of the other lightweights. Rinaldo has been waiting for a good reason to unload on someone if Gallagher would be able to fish his testicles out of his purse and man up.

and Emery will be in net!

I thought Mason was the poopstain in that incident and deserved piled on by Gallagher. I only saw it once but it looked like Mason drove his stick at Gionta's throat and Gallagher jumped to defend Gionta. The NHL tonight folks sure seemed to feel that way too and praised Gallagher for defending Gionta.

I thought Mason was the poopstain in that incident and deserved piled on by Gallagher. I only saw it once but it looked like Mason drove his stick at Gionta's throat and Gallagher jumped to defend Gionta. The NHL tonight folks sure seemed to feel that way too and praised Gallagher for defending Gionta.

you really need to view that play through the orange tinted glasses.  :ph34r:

i watched the game and somehow missed it live, probably because I was in the chat room excoriating Couturier for missing an open net the Raffl would burnt the twine on... but i digress.

i thought Mason brought the lumber pretty heavily based on what was happening, was his reaction a result of cumulative contact from the Habs... i don't even know. but like you i thought  -- he started it.