Just cuz we can...

Polaris922

Isn't it obvious Crosby wanted Giroux off the team and his buddy Kunitz on it?  The managerial staff for the Canadian national team (that would be Steve Yzerman, Kevin Lowe, Peter Chiarelli, Kevin Holland and Doug Armstrong) would certainly agree to those demands, no? 

Yeah - that makes a world of sense. :ph34r:   Giroux is not even the biggest "snub". That honor goes to Martin St. Louis I/M/H/O.  And Nash and Carter are "less deserving" than Kunitz.

Haters gonna hate, Polaris.  Haters gonna hate.

I'm selfish, I'm glad that Neal was left off this year, look how he's playing since the 5 game rest that he got during his suspension.   I really wanted Matta to get a break too, I think at 19, he's hitting the wall now, and the olympics are not going to do him any good in resting.

Whiners gonna whine, Giroux's so called snub due to Crosby will go on forever now, and will be called fact soon since its on the internet. Just another reason for the haters to hate.

True... And I agree Neal belongs there as well. More than Nash or Carter or Giroux... If anyone was slighted its him.

Martin St. Louis says "hello" - 174 points in his last 168 games over the past three seasons. (Neal - 152 in 148).

The idea anyone was "snubbed" in this process is ridiculous. Canada has practically enough players to ice two Olympic teams. Someone is going to be left off.

That said, this was likely St. Louis' last shot to represent Canada at the Olympics. And his own GM didn't give him the call. If Crosby/Kunitz and Getzlaf/Perry "make sense" then why not Stamkos/St. Louis???

Martin St. Louis says "hello" - 174 points in his last 168 games over the past three seasons. (Neal - 152 in 148).

The idea anyone was "snubbed" in this process is ridiculous. Canada has practically enough players to ice two Olympic teams. Someone is going to be left off.

That said, this was likely St. Louis' last shot to represent Canada at the Olympics. And his own GM didn't give him the call. If Crosby/Kunitz and Getzlaf/Perry "make sense" then why not Stamkos/St. Louis???

I did state in my post in the Flyers part of the forums that the only guy who might deserve it more would be MSL. But Neal has 35 points in 25 games this season largely without Malkin or Crosby feeding him so he deserves looking at right with MSL.

I did state in my post in the Flyers part of the forums that the only guy who might deserve it more would be MSL. But Neal has 35 points in 25 games this season largely without Malkin or Crosby feeding him so he deserves looking at right with MSL.

I'm not here to denigrate the other options, just to say that MSL is the guy who "should" have gone if anyone "should" have gone.

I'm sure Neal did get "a look" as did a lot of players. Again, Canada has enough talent for two teams - which means that there will be a couple dozen players who "could have gone."

But, since you asked... Neal's suspensions probably didn't help him - nor his tendency to take a stupid penalty like jumping into a player and then claiming he didn't know what was happening when he his skates left the ice to make contact ;)

James Neal would probably have a hard time finding enough hair gel in sochi so it is probably for the best that he was left off the team.

I feel for Martin St Louis he's been dynamite for a long time , and this year he's doing it without Stamkos so i feel he got hosed hard... playing on the Olympic team would have been a nice capstone for his career.  

As for Giroux , he may have another shot in '18 and perhaps not making this team will motivate him to work harder and become better,  as i've said before I really don't think it is any kind of injustice to him.  there are a lot of really really good players on team Canada i certainly wouldn't play him over Crosby, Toews, Stamkos, ...maybe over Getzlaf depending on the situation but that's a Strong team down the middle.  

But, since you asked... Neal's suspensions probably didn't help him - nor his tendency to take a stupid penalty like jumping into a player and then claiming he didn't know what was happening when he his skates left the ice to make contact ;)

Or say... Hitting Zubrus in the head or something... ;)

• Like 1

James Neal would probably have a hard time finding enough hair gel in sochi so it is probably for the best that he was left off the team.

I feel for Martin St Louis he's been dynamite for a long time , and this year he's doing it without Stamkos so i feel he got hosed hard... playing on the Olympic team would have been a nice capstone for his career.

As for Giroux , he may have another shot in '18 and perhaps not making this team will motivate him to work harder and become better, as i've said before I really don't think it is any kind of injustice to him. there are a lot of really really good players on team Canada i certainly wouldn't play him over Crosby, Toews, Stamkos, ...maybe over Getzlaf depending on the situation but that's a Strong team down the middle.

For the record I agree with MSL having an objection, but I do feel Neal belongs as a goal scoring machine on the wing before Giroux. Or Carter, Nash, etc etc...

It humors me that the Flyers boards were tearing Giroux apart the majority if the season. Even just recently as he's improved it's been hesitation to support him.

But let us point out that a non-superstar Penguin player deserves to be on the Olympics where Giroux does not, and all but a couple are down our throats about it.

Boy that Yzerman must be an idiot... Lol