Nolan deserves a shot to stay on board

Buffalo Rick

I cannot believe the Sabres are favored tonight.  Florida must be damn awful.  I have to give Nolan credit for getting some of these guys to show up.  I hope that when they make their moves and do get some talent in here they allow Ted to stay and coach this team for at least three or four years.  He deserves a shot.  He has them in every game.  Sure they are getting beat in OT most nights.  But you do not see them lose like Vancouver did the other night, 9-1.   So Nolan at least gets them to show up.  I know many are playing for jobs next year.  There are probably 3 or 4 at most that are truly safe.  

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that the Sabres are in every game and I know they are getting beat in OT just about every night, but at least they have not quit, is proof that Nolan is a good coach.  Most of these guys know they will not be back.  Some will, maybe six or seven.  Hoping Nolan gets the job.  The only other guy I would really want in Ron Wilson.  But othetr than that, keep Nolan

Nolan is a good coach in my opinion.  Gets the underachieving teams (Islanders) or teams that don't have the talent to get very far (Sabres).  

Yes he can motivate.  And we have to believe that my boys will pick up a pretty darn good pick in the first round.  and possibly make a few big time trades with those other picks for established players that can get them back in the mix fast.  Of course keeping one Ryan Miller on board is a huge huge part of it

@flyercanuck   Wilson just might have been the worst coach in the league with the Leafs, if anyone signs him, they deserve their fate. He threw everyone under the bus in Toronto, nothing was ever his fault. One of the worst coaches for teaching and dealing with kids.

But he was a great coach for years in Washington.  Cannot deny that.  

@Hockey Junkie  I've always thought he was overrated as a coach, just my humble opinion. He does not communicate well, which is supposed to be a coaches strong point.

And he is arrogant to the core.  He had many a battle with Lindy when we were battling them in the playoffs in a different life.

• 3 weeks later...

There are no "great" NHL coaches.  There are manipulators.

Ron Wilson is near the bottom of that list of users.

I do not know how to take this comment.  So if there are no great coaches in the NHL, then do you believe there are no great coaches in any sport?  I know that great coaches do not come along that often.  I consider Lindy Ruff to be a great coach.  Because he not only knows the game, but he is very good at keeping his players in the right state of mind.  

I really will be mad if Nolan is not signed.  What else does he have to do?  He comes into an impossible situation, accepts it and goes to coach Latvia amd almost shocks the world in that Canada game.  Tell me that Latvia's play did not reflect how good Ted is?  I was shocked way back when he was coach of the year and then gets no contract.  That was just plain crazy.   Of course I will always love Lindy Ruff.  I wonder how long he will be in Dallas and if he even likes it there?

I  can't name half of my team anymore and Nolan is pulling rabbits out of his hat winning games.  This guy could motivate a gopher to play hockey.  Who needs LaFontainne?  If its true Nolan has been offered 3 years, I hope he takes it.  He should not have anything against the fans or this ownership.   The guys that did not sign him after  he won coach of the year are all in Attica making license plates.  LOL