Where is Briere?

Guest trevluk

I think, the divorce, kids are far away, give him too much worry about. So it’s as same as Hartnell last year with his divorce. So it might a good idea for him go to play somewhere else and adjust to new life for him. He seems to me very sensitive guy, even feisty one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, the divorce, kids are far away, give him too much worry about. So it’s as same as Hartnell last year with his divorce. So it might a good idea for him go to play somewhere else and adjust to new life for him. He seems to me very sensitive guy, even feisty one.

His entire reason for signing the long term deal here - by his own statement - was to give his kids stability in the same place.

His kids live with him and Sean Couturier...

His entire reason for signing the long term deal here - by his own statement - was to give his kids stability in the same place.

His kids live with him and Sean Couturier...

then this is even more f..up situation. Mother far from kids, father is happing just for couple days a week. Also remember it does not matter what did happen during their divorce, kids will love mother more, even kind a hate because she is not around, so it could brought a lot disagreements between him and kids.

then this is even more f..up situation. Mother far from kids, father is happing just for couple days a week. Also remember it does not matter what did happen during their divorce, kids will love mother more, even kind a hate because she is not around, so it could brought a lot disagreements between him and kids.

So you were completely wrong about your first assertion, which only makes your second assertion even more right.

And, having never met either Danny nor the former Missus, nor any of their children, and holding no degree in any sort of psychological or psychiatric realm, you are qualified to inform people exactly how people you've never met are reacting to a situation you are obviously completely ignorant of.

Hope that works out for you.

The only evidence we have is from the stories about Couturier staying with Briere this season, and Giroux last season, where his kids are thrilled to be living with their father and happy to have teammates who are even closer to their age staying with them.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your ignorant speculation. You never do.

i'm not trying to completely recuse briere(lil paul mccartney), but he hasn't had the same line pairing for more than like 3 games. they aren't finding him chemistry since fartsmell is off his line. i firmly believe his 2nd half will be better than his first. but, of course no one cares about the playoffs right now. we'll talk to you again if they make the playoffs and i'm sure you'll eat your words here.

Makes it no different then JVR, he's been playing on different lines too and JVR isn't yet paid to produce like Briere. How's the 2nd half and playoffs better if he keeps playing with these same guys? Please don't tell me the light switch crap like last year. I see no difference between JVR and Briere this year. What have we seen players talk about in past years when they are struggling? Work their ass off and have we seen that from Briere? Way to be a leader and show your teammates how it's done. Maybe JVR pick that up from him.

I would love to eat my words Bak but I just don't see it until he does the dirty work and try harder instead of just standing behnd the net and watch him linemates do all the work or skate hard to backcheck as he throws the puck infront of the net only to have the other team rush up ice with it.

You're not wanted here. Not playing like you're being paid to and we want to get younger.

Danny Briere's pretty much exactly the player he was when the Flyers signed him. His 95-point season in BUF is a clear outlier in his production. He's a 60-65 point player. That's it.

So, after you've thrown the player under the bus and he gives you a list of 3-4 teams he'd be willing to go to and none of them are willing to part with anything to get this player that you feel is completely underperforming for his salary, what do you do with Briere?

He's not going anywhere. You can dream, of course, but you'll wake up and Danny Briere will still be wearing #48 in orange and black.

@radoran

You guys can make JVR your whipping boy but Briere will be mine until he turns it around somehow. I guess we have another 3 seasons for him to float around.

What's particularly amusing about this comment is that I'm in a discussion on another thread where I'm DEFENDING JVR...

I didn't like the Briere signing when it was made - but he has turned out to be the best of the "must have #1 Cs" from that year (Drury, Gomez). I don't think he's good on faceoffs and doesn't particularly backcheck well and has a tendency to "float."

Again, all of this was known full well when they signed him... And why he's not going anywhere.

I know I shouldn't but ...

It seems this thread is focused a lot on point production and the conclusion is since DB's numbers are down from last year he sucks, or is underperforming or is stealing his paycheck.

I don't see a big problem with Briere this year. I see the guy hustling and working hard every shift. I see him working with various line mates all season and still playing his same game. He doesn't turn the puck over very often, he works as hard as anyone around the net and it's unfortunate but he hasn't cashed in for goals as often as we'd like. 25 points (10+15) after 38 games isn't great but it isn't "useless" or "let's dump him at any cost somehow" territory either imo.

Defensively he'll never be a Selke candidate but we don't expect that from him; he can't get a total "pass" on D but let's not hold him to a Mike Richards' or Simon Gagne standard of 2-way play either.

In my opinion Briere is a valuable asset for the Flyers and more than likely - if the TEAM is going strong at PO time - Danny Briere will once again be a difference-maker and we'll be glad we have him.

@canoli

Not the point production that is pissing me off. I've began to notice in the last 2 games he's out there in his own world. If you watch the WC game, he just stands behind the net waiting for the puck and I notice it last night too. I know he's not a muckler and grinder but help out sometimes, keep the puck in the offensive zone. You would think he atleast have some impact on games that the Flyers have won but I don't remember any so far. Again I hope I'm wrong on my judgement and will eat whatever you guys want but I don't see it happening this year.

After all he's 34 and might be on the decline so maybe my expectation of him is too high.

So you were completely wrong about your first assertion, which only makes your second assertion even more right.

And, having never met either Danny nor the former Missus, nor any of their children, and holding no degree in any sort of psychological or psychiatric realm, you are qualified to inform people exactly how people you've never met are reacting to a situation you are obviously completely ignorant of.

Hope that works out for you.

The only evidence we have is from the stories about Couturier staying with Briere this season, and Giroux last season, where his kids are thrilled to be living with their father and happy to have teammates who are even closer to their age staying with them.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your ignorant speculation. You never do.

Yes I didn't meet neither, but it's gotta be someting to do with this. He was everything for Flyers since signed here, but suddenly this year he has slow start.

He was everything for Flyers since signed here, but suddenly this year he has slow start.

First 30 games - Danny Briere by season with the Flyers:

0708 - 14 + 20 - 34 points

0809 - 11 + 14 - 25 points* (injury)

0910 - 12 + 9 - 21 points

1011 - 16 + 8 - 24 points

1112 - 10 + 15 - 25 points

You're right, obviously. His point production at the start of this season is "suddenly" different from his previous starts with the Flyers.

Jack, you must be a lucky man. Now I know who influence Homer and Snider to give Bryz that long ass contract. ;)

I was only kidding around... how was I supposed to know that Homer would take me seriously when I said, "why don't you just give him NINE years? Oh, and don't forget the full NMC!"

Edited by JackStraw