Miller has 0 goals 0 assists 0 saves in Flyer OT win

Ryan Miller was all but invisible in the Flyers come from behind overtime win over the flopping cheapshotting Capitals today. Claude Giroux scored twice for the Flyers. Alexander Ovechkin shot 37 times AT the net from anywhere on the ice, hitting it about 5 times and assisting on one Flyer goal.

FC:

I guess this was the game thread...interesting assessment.

I think you are saying that it was good we didn't drink the Miller Cool Aid...yes, agreed.

I think this game was the best and worst of the Flyers.  The best was grit and forward skill, and to some extent, critical saves by Mason. At its worst, we saw that our D either gives up bang-bang goals  or fails to give the goalie clear sight.  This was a tough one to assess..but glad we got two points.

Berube may be the unsung hero.  He must have gotten them motivated.

Peace,

Howie

@JackStraw  It  was a bone headed play, but honestly, I'd take Orlov any day of the week. He's super tough, can skate quite well for a defensive d-man....I think he shows a lot of promise. Think he's a UFA coming up also, or maybe a RFA, but I would look into his availability. He could supply the physical presence which is currently Grossmann's job...but Orlov would do  close to the same thing for less money and more wheels. He fights to hurt people also, a real tough customer. Don't think he blocks the puck as well as Gross, but everything else is close.

• Like 1

@JackStraw  It  was a bone headed play, but honestly, I'd take Orlov any day of the week. He's super tough, can skate quite well for a defensive d-man....I think he shows a lot of promise. Think he's a UFA coming up also, or maybe a RFA, but I would look into his availability. He could supply the physical presence which is currently Grossmann's job...but Orlov would do  close to the same thing for less money and more wheels. He fights to hurt people also, a real tough customer. Don't think he blocks the puck as well as Gross, but everything else is close.

I don't know much about him other than what I saw yesterday but what people say about him on hfboards is different from what you're saying. I read that he's never fought in the NHL or AHL and is not a particularly physical player. He does have a nice shot though. But personally, I know virtually nothing about him.

Hockey's Future scouting report on Orlov:

Orlov is a talented, smooth skating offensive defenseman who prefers to press the attack and create scoring opportunities at all times. His freelancing at times creates openings for the opposition, but Orlov is a constant threat. He is a decent sized player with a strong core but does not play an overly physical game. His strong suit is his creativity and high skill level which allows him to execute the complex plays he conceives. His shooting is accurate if not powerful and he is also adept at finding teammates with quick passes.

Sounds like the kind of player the Flyers could use, he's young and I assume he'll get better and learn not to do stuff like he did yesterday. But I doubt the Caps are looking to get rid of any talented young defensemen. He will be a RFA after this year but I'd be shocked if the Caps don't re-sign him.

Edited by JackStraw

Ryan Miller was all but invisible in the Flyers come from behind overtime win over the flopping cheapshotting Capitals today. Claude Giroux scored twice for the Flyers. Alexander Ovechkin shot 37 times AT the net from anywhere on the ice, hitting it about 5 times and assisting on one Flyer goal.

You realize you're trolling a guy who can't even read, much less post, in the Flyers' forum, right?

Just throwing it out there...

:blink: