Scott Cullen - Not a Steve Mason fan

Scott Cullen from TSN must not be a big fan of Steve Mason.  On 2 occasions, he has taken minor shots at the guy. 

First in the Eastern Conferance Trade Deadline playbook:

The Plan: Like the Rangers, the Flyers are playing much better after a slow start; they have enough talent to make some noise, though blueline improvements wouldn't hurt.

Philadelphia made their bed in goal with Steve Mason, and could live to regret it, but signing him to an extension likely precludes a notable change in that spot.

Then in the Power Rankings where he has the Devils and Rangers ranked well ahead of the Flyers (Interesting):

This Week17 Last Week16 Philadelphia Flyers 32-24-6

Sunday's rally at Washington gave the Flyers six wins in the past seven games, all of which would be great if their goaltending inspired any confidence. Since the beginning of December, G Steve Mason has a .901 save percentage, which is more in line with his pre-Philly days.

Not sure why, but these digs just annoyed me. 

The difference with Mason is that, unlike previous Flyers goalies I've watched -- most notably Bryz, he inspires a little more confidence than they did and doesn't give me that impending sense of doom and hopelessness that the other goaltenders we've put on the ice have.  When he's in goal, if everyone else does their job, then I think we have a shot a winning a game.  And he's stolen a few for us.  Not saying Mason is in the elite ranks, but he's been a good, solid, even somewhat consistent player at a decent price.  Especially when the team in front of him shows up.

• Like 1

The difference with Mason is that, unlike previous Flyers goalies I've watched -- most notably Bryz, he inspires a little more confidence than they did and doesn't give me that impending sense of doom and hopelessness that the other goaltenders we've put on the ice have.  When he's in goal, if everyone else does their job, then I think we have a shot a winning a game.  And he's stolen a few for us.  Not saying Mason is in the elite ranks, but he's been a good, solid, even somewhat consistent player at a decent price.  Especially when the team in front of him shows up.

All that....AND...I don't drop my head in dejection when an opposing player gets a break away, unlike the Bryz days, I actually expect our goalie to stop it!!

Scott Cullen from TSN must not be a big fan of Steve Mason.  On 2 occasions, he has taken minor shots at the guy. 

First in the Eastern Conferance Trade Deadline playbook:

The Plan: Like the Rangers, the Flyers are playing much better after a slow start; they have enough talent to make some noise, though blueline improvements wouldn't hurt.

Philadelphia made their bed in goal with Steve Mason, and could live to regret it, but signing him to an extension likely precludes a notable change in that spot.

Then in the Power Rankings where he has the Devils and Rangers ranked well ahead of the Flyers (Interesting):

This Week17 Last Week16 Philadelphia Flyers 32-24-6

Sunday's rally at Washington gave the Flyers six wins in the past seven games, all of which would be great if their goaltending inspired any confidence. Since the beginning of December, G Steve Mason has a .901 save percentage, which is more in line with his pre-Philly days.

Not sure why, but these digs just annoyed me. 

clearly he's numbers based and NOT watching the play of Steve Mason. If he was, he'd realize what a retard he is.