3 goals from the D and we lose?

OK, when was the last time the Flyers defence chipped in 3 goals in one game...the eighties? And we lose? And there could should have been 4. Timo had a chance...but Streit was brought in for offence...he's got to bury that gift.

Now I gotta live with this until the next Philly/T.O. game....thanks for nothin'!!!

Haha. And Timo came oh so close to a hatty.

I thought the only real downer yesterday is that the Flyers were unable to weather the Leafs opening swarm. They fell behind by two and tightened up after that.

The fact that they fought back to salvage a point is impressive.

I think these two teams would make for an entertaining seven game series.

@brelic

It was a good comeback....twice. That minute and a half in the first definately cost them, but there were several more meltdowns to come after that but Mason kept them in the game.

Like they said during the game, if either of those teams could learn to play D they could do some real damage.

Haha. And Timo came oh so close to a hatty.

Has Timo ever had a hatty?

The fact that they fought back to salvage a point is impressive

The last 3 min of the game they cycled the puck extremely well and had the Leafs on there heals...Timmo came ever so close with game winner....

I think these two teams would make for an entertaining seven game series.

Agreed!

see my comments in red......

@brelic

Like they said during the game, if either of those teams could learn to play D they could do some real damage.

funny I was thinking the very exact thing when the announcers said it....Homer just needs to find away to fix the Blue Line..somehow....

Has Timo ever had a hatty?

The answer is no as stated in the Comcast broadcast.  

I watched the Carlyle post game interview, he actually thought the Leafs played well in the third period and OT.  This game would have been a win for the Flyers if not for the non-goal call in the second period. 

@doom88

I thought it was the right call. The puck was covered for what seemed like a long time to me.

Agree....trying to put my homerism aside, intitally I thought same thing that it is a goal and should have been reviewable, but after watching the replaying I thought too that Bernier had covererd it up.  Tough break regardless.

the Laff announcers for the most part were ok..but they started getting a bit whiny near the end of the game with their perception of missed calls.

The one that got me was how the Leaf player was able to push Mason, not the puck, into the net causing the goal.....No one was interfering with the leaf playert at the time either. If that goal was allowed to stand then Read's goal should have counted too.

The one that got me was how the Leaf player was able to push Mason, not the puck, into the net causing the goal.....No one was interfering with the leaf playert at the time either. If that goal was allowed to stand then Read's goal should have counted too.

@flyerrod

That goal shouldn't have stood...but wasn't reviewable. I thought all goals were, but apparently that call has to be made on the ice. And I understand how the ref missed it.

I think a potential difference between the two is that Bernier actually knew where the puck was and was acting to "cover" it.

On the Leafs' goal Mason didn't know where it was, it wasn't covered and play was continuing. There's more than a good argument to be made that that puck goes in even without the Leaf player making contact.

To be clear, I think that the neutral zone ref blowing that whistle is the height of irresponsible. If he has to blow the play dead if he can't see the puck, he'll be blowing it dead in the corners, behind the net, etc.

The NHL needs to improve the two ref system to avoid calls like that and penalty calls from bad angles as well.

• Like 1

@radoran

I think the puck would have went in without the Leaf player interfereing. But the rules also state you can't hit a goalies pad to knock the puck into the net, which is kind of what happened.

Of course I never saw this without the replay. And it's a call made on the ice.

@radoran

I think the puck would have went in without the Leaf player interfereing. But the rules also state you can't hit a goalies pad to knock the puck into the net, which is kind of what happened.

Of course I never saw this without the replay. And it's a call made on the ice.

It's "kind of" what happened, in that the Leaf player was hitting Mason's pad.

But the puck movement into the net wasn't really related to that contact. The puck wasn't under the pad and IIRC it came off the other leg.

Both plays were bang-bang plays, but the Read goal being cancelled by the ref's whistle at center ice with the other ref in correct position is ridiculous.

I still don't know if the ref "in position" allows that goal, but the other ref should have his whistle rectally inserted.

I still don't know if the ref "in position" allows that goal, but the other ref should have his whistle rectally inserted.

Well considering the fact that he(the ref at the net) was watching the play and signaled goal really confused me. How is the center ice ref able to over turn that? And for the record, 100% agree with the whistle location for the center ice ref......

Well considering the fact that he(the ref at the net) was watching the play and signaled goal really confused me. How is the center ice ref able to over turn that? And for the record, 100% agree with the whistle location for the center ice ref......

Center ice ref doesn't "overturn" - center ice ref blows whistle, stopping the play dead at that point.

Play was already dead when goal ref indicated goal.

Center ice ref has no business blowing that play dead. None at all.

But he has the authority to do so.

Goal ref does indicate goal, but that call was going to Tronno anyway.