Injury count up...

Polaris922

I can't for the life of me figure out why only 1% of yahoo fantasy players have Bennett stashed away on the IR. This is very puzzling to me, the kid is gonna get a shot at playing with Malkin and or Crosby, if he happens to light it up when he comes back, he could be a mainstay on the top line and maybe even the top pp. That is worth an IR stash in my estimations.....I mean, how risky is it to stash him away....if he sucks you just never activate him and drop him. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives in this type of move......the other 99% should be ashamed of themselves....unless they are in a keeper league and have keepers stashed there....like my other spot is used up for Tavares. I hardly think this is the case for most of the 99%....maybe 10-15% are in that boat. This is just a huge miss by fantasy owners IMHO.

I can't for the life of me figure out why only 1% of yahoo fantasy players have Bennett stashed away on the IR. This is very puzzling to me, the kid is gonna get a shot at playing with Malkin and or Crosby, if he happens to light it up when he comes back, he could be a mainstay on the top line and maybe even the top pp. That is worth an IR stash in my estimations.....I mean, how risky is it to stash him away....if he sucks you just never activate him and drop him. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives in this type of move......the other 99% should be ashamed of themselves....unless they are in a keeper league and have keepers stashed there....like my other spot is used up for Tavares. I hardly think this is the case for most of the 99%....maybe 10-15% are in that boat. This is just a huge miss by fantasy owners IMHO.

One word, danfrigginbylsma.   Coach Dan(said in my best Forrest Gump accent) has not been very good at developing young talent.  They go in the dog house quickly and are slow to be release, or regulated down a level.  The exception to this rule has been Olli Matta.   Just look at Simon Despres as an example, he's good enough to be playing in the NHL, and has great offensive skills, but every time he makes a defensive mistake, he's penalized with ice time or demoted. 

Just look at Simon Despres as an example, he's good enough to be playing in the NHL, and has great offensive skills, but every time he makes a defensive mistake, he's penalized with ice time or demoted. 

The Flyers Erik Gustafsson is in the same boat as Depres.

I really thought both Gus and Simon would be playing big minutes by this point in the season.

I often wonder what their work ethic at practice is like or if there are other factors at play.

Depres was a guy I coveted from you team last year, and his play has really plateaued,  same with Gustafsson, he was looking pretty good at the end of last year and now it's like all that progress has been lost/forgotten.  Defensmen are tough to get a good grasp on.

I think anything short of the ECF - or getting to the ECF and losing in embarassing fashion like last year - and Pepto Bylsma is a goner.

This team does not need another task master like Therien but I think someone with a  bit more...fire in the belly?...would be needed.

I don't think current assistant coaches would have the same clout so that would rule out Granato and Martin.

I would not at all mind Laviolette...and the irony that would bring. He'd go from coaching the best player in the world to the second best. :ph34r:

The Flyers Erik Gustafsson is in the same boat as Depres.

I really thought both Gus and Simon would be playing big minutes by this point in the season.

I often wonder what their work ethic at practice is like or if there are other factors at play.

Depres was a guy I coveted from you team last year, and his play has really plateaued,  same with Gustafsson, he was looking pretty good at the end of last year and now it's like all that progress has been lost/forgotten.  Defensmen are tough to get a good grasp on.

Problem is that the Pens purposefully told him solely focus on his defensive game.  That normally is not a problem to tell someone to focus on their defensive game, but they basically told him they didn't want him shooting or rushing up ice.  So they took an offensive minded defenseman, turned him into something completely different, and punish him when he does something during this transition.   What do they expect?

I think anything short of the ECF - or getting to the ECF and losing in embarassing fashion like last year - and Pepto Bylsma is a goner.

This team does not need another task master like Therien but I think someone with a  bit more...fire in the belly?...would be needed.

I don't think current assistant coaches would have the same clout so that would rule out Granato and Martin.

I would not at all mind Laviolette...and the irony that would bring. He'd go from coaching the best player in the world to the second best. :ph34r:

Well played....But could he get them to grind?