NHL.COM flyers - pitts

Vanflyer

Bah, par for the course.

In the NBC broadcast yesterday, it started with Pierre interviewing Crosby. Then at the first TV timeout, they interviewed Bylsma. Then the next one, they had a Crosby montage. And then a piece on Letang.

I watched most of the game on mute. It's better that way :)

How many times are you going to post on the Flyers forum defending it???

He's been respectful and offers a difference of opinion. There are plenty of threads in the Pens forum with Flyers fans taking issue with Pens fans' assertions.

Maybe because he wasn't "run"? It's a damn hockey play. How many threads you boys gonna cry in about your diving goalie?

I said when he went down that he was like a sack of potatoes and was milking it a bit. I think he may have banged the back of his head on the ice when falling back.

That said, the Pens player isn't making any effort to pursue the puck at all - he is simply driving the defenceman deliberately into the goalie's crease. That is "running the goalie." That's why it was a penalty.

Look at the video, puck comes in, Mason saves off to his left. Megna simply drives MacDonald back into the crease, making absolutely no attempt to play the puck at all.

It happens quickly, but it's not a bang bang play. It's an AHL-quality play from an AHL-quality player.

It happens quickly, but it's not a bang bang play. It's an AHL-quality play from an AHL-quality player.

Good assessment.  No further defense of Menga's illegal - and properly punished - actions are necessary.

I totally agree. The appropriTe reAction is a similar hockey play that injured the other goalie.

Tit for tat.

Problem is our guys do that and get suspended. Your guys do that and the league hands them money, first overall picks and new rule books.

Maybe because he wasn't "run"? It's a damn hockey play. How many threads you boys gonna cry in about your diving goalie?
Edited by King Knut

I totally agree. The appropriTe reAction is a similar hockey play that injured the other goalie.

Tit for tat.

Problem is our guys do that and get suspended. Your guys do that and the league hands them money, first overall picks and new rule books.

Blah blah blah ... You guys got away with Devils style obstruction the entire first period, nothing called. Megna got an appropriate if rarely called interference penalty. Many Flyers fans here agree Mason embellished the fall. Enough with the "aww poor us, the officials hate us so" garbage. Every team in the league can say the same thing from game to game. Officiating is inconsistent at best and we all know it.

If I'm the bad guy for pointing out a simple embellishment then so be it. Again.

I agree Radoran I have no problem with input from other fans especially to avoid group think and another perspective. That being said it gets on my nerves when an AHLer that takes out our starting goalie with the intention to hurt and people on this forum defending it or calling  the guy that got hurt a good actor.

Why so butthurt over this Polaris? It makes no sense. Wait for one that's controversial.

As I said bud, I'll rebut any silly posts.  Knut directed his post to me, so I replied.  Nothing more than that!  I don't think this was a controversial issue at all.  I just don't get why some people are making a mountain out of a molehill on it.