Emery in Game 2

I guess you guys mellowed toward him as the game went on? I was in after 2 periods and most guys were still like "eh he's been okay." Cracked me up. The guy stole the game...didn't he? Well imho he sure did. He def didn't look great on St. Louis' goal, a flubbed shot he probably should've had. But on the 1st one he had zero chance, that was a perfect 3 on 1 by the Rags.

I hope they gave him 1st star because he sure as hell earned it. And I hope Berube gives him the start on Tuesday regardless how Mason is doing. It would be crazy to change goaltenders now.

Talking in game chat about Emery's performance in Game 2. Wondering when the last time the Flyers won a playoff game due to goaltending?? We've certainly seen our share of losses over the years!!

Start him for game #3

Edit: That Akeson kid ain't to bad either!!!!!!  :D

Edited by OccamsRazor

The book on Emery has got to be get him moving post to post. On both goals today he looked bad, well the first one no one was going to make that save... But the second goal he looked bad. Not like he didn't read the play ala Ilya Bryzgalov , just unable to do anything about it . I think a guy with better mobility makes the save on Pouilot's goal.

So for me , great job today razor , the second Mase is ready I'd play him.

The book on Emery has got to be get him moving post to post.

Yes but in his defense it's not like it's a secret or anything....he has been that way all season....why the Rangers got away from that i'm not sure. I'd like to think they didn't have the time like they did earlier in the game Flyers did a better job back checking not a lot but a little....

Yes but in his defense it's not like it's a secret or anything....he has been that way all season....why the Rangers got away from that i'm not sure. I'd like to think they didn't have the time like they did earlier in the game Flyers did a better job back checking not a lot but a little....

The Flyers just started to play better defensively as the game went on.  They weren't letting the Rangers gain the zone with any kind of speed. They also weren't allowing the long pass through the neutral zone. Emery played well but the Rangers are still going to exploit his lateral movement. I know it's a nice story but as soon as Mason is 100% he's back in. At the end of the day Emery is your back up and doing what a back up should do. Giving your team a chance to win and that's all you can ask. I feel a lot more confident with Mason in net than with Emery. Mason makes saves just on his quickness that Emery can't make.

The Flyers just started to play better defensively as the game went on.  They weren't letting the Rangers gain the zone with any kind of speed. They also weren't allowing the long pass through the neutral zone. Emery played well but the Rangers are still going to exploit his lateral movement. I know it's a nice story but as soon as Mason is 100% he's back in. At the end of the day Emery is your back up and doing what a back up should do. Giving your team a chance to win and that's all you can ask. I feel a lot more confident with Mason in net than with Emery. Mason makes saves just on his quickness that Emery can't make.

Yes but also Flyers stopped just shooting from everywhere and holding onto the puck more and choosing better high quality shots and were able to get them through.

That helped to get the Rangers running around in the end a little, dictating play a little more which is what they need more of they got out shot during the game but that is what they need it ain't about how many shots you get but about how many quality shots you get and that was a vast improvement.

Yes Mason when ready should start i like Emery and like what he has done but Mase is the better goaltenders and can't wait till he can play.