The Phantoms...only way to go is up....

jammer2

You're a friggin hero!!

I wouldn't say i'm a hero. But thanks i would save that term for the guys in combat on the front lines.

The guys moving around the insurgents in the urban combat and IEDs. The medics putting themselves in harms way to save their fallen teammates.

Like my dad in Vietnam fighting amongst people you're trying to save and yet not know who is really the enemy.

Those guys are the heros.

I can't take credit for that even though i served i was only in one combat scenario during a beach landing that was it.

I was actually signed up to be more in the combat area after i originally signed up for the marine corp i signed up for 1800 Tank and Assault Amphibious Vehicle unit.

But i had to wait 6 months to go to boot camp and i was ready to leave then so i signed with the Navy because they had me out to boot camp in 2 weeks.

I have friends that tell me all the time that change was the right one. I believe them who knows how things may have been different. I pray for all that were lost and didn't come home. And the ones who did but will never be the same. Those are the heros.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jammer2

So to return this hijacked thread...........the projected lineup for the Phantoms next season.

Stolarz

Zepp

Leir - Laughton -Straka

Johnston - Cousins -Alderson

Noebels - Vandevelde -Gordon

Goulborne - Jones - Mathers

Stortini

Ghost-Alt

Hagg- Petterson

Manning-Lamarche

Konan......this d pairing is a guess but each have a LH and a RH shot on each pair.........balance.

I maybe forgetting someone but it's close to the way it may look........of guys who will make the Flyers will change things.

@jammer2

So to return this hijacked thread...........the projected lineup for the Phantoms next season.

Stolarz

Zepp

Leir - Laughton -Straka

Johnston - Cousins -Alderson

Noebels - Vandevelde -Gordon

Goulborne - Jones - Mathers

Stortini

Ghost-Alt

Hagg- Petterson

Manning-Lamarche

Konan......this d pairing is a guess but each have a LH and a RH shot on each pair.........balance.

I maybe forgetting someone but it's close to the way it may look........of guys who will make the Flyers will change things.

That may very well be within a few players of what the Phantoms actually look like...much improved!  Not to be nitpicky, but it's not only the Flyers that need help at RW.....the Phantoms don't have much there either. I was gonna question Alderson in the top 6 down there, but after perusing the roster....who else would you take?  Even the top line RW is not a for sure thing, with a bad camp, Straka could find himself right out of the org.

That may very well be within a few players of what the Phantoms actually look like...much improved!  Not to be nitpicky, but it's not only the Flyers that need help at RW.....the Phantoms don't have much there either. I was gonna question Alderson in the top 6 down there, but after perusing the roster....who else would you take?  Even the top line RW is not a for sure thing, with a bad camp, Straka could find himself right out of the org.

Yeah i just was trying to envision where everyone will maybe play. It looks like a lot better team than last year and Alderson may even land on the top line. Murray has been raving about his play with and without the puck saying he could even push for a spot on the Flyers.

And i agree Straka needs to have a good camp i was expecting good thing from him when they signed him and he hasn't really done much at all. He needs to bring it this year for sure.

Stolarz should certainly be an upgrade over Heeter and Zepp who knows i would have preferred them to give Chubak a chance to back Stollie up since he is still young and may have some upside but oh well. 

I just hope they can return to the playoffs.

Also the blueline looks much better than in years past so that combined with a solid goaltending tandem will get them back into the playoffs.

Edit: Funny i logged onto Meltzer to read this morning and he said the same about Straka it's a crucial season for him.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Straka-Flett/45/61415

@OccamsRazor  Hmmm, according to Metz, Straka (at times) played with Cousins and Alderson. I'd like to see that unit put back together, see what they can do as a talented trio. If Laughton is on the Phantoms and not the Flyers, he could play with Leier. I'd prefer that Tyler get top 6 linemates and ice time. If Laughton is not there, then maybe it's Leier, Cousins and Alderson. I think Tyler has already proven he can play a 200 foot game in jrs...so now, the real question becomes, how much of his offense makes the jump with him to the pros?  That's why I'd like to see him in a top 6 role, find out early if he will be more than a checking line center.

• 2 weeks later...

That may very well be within a few players of what the Phantoms actually look like...much improved! 

Wow since i have been following the hockefuture's website and tracking the Flyers prospects and their rankings i have never seen so many high grades of 6.5- 7.0 on the farm....never and that mind you is with just 2 goaltenders and only 2 centers on the depth chart.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/philadelphia_flyers/

Everywhere else is deep with talent. They'll have to go heavy in the next draft at center and goaltender for sure to restock their. So i can already see next years 1st pick being a center for sure.

Mind you they are just prospects that may or may not all pan out but hey you got to have them first before worrying about them panning out, and they have restocked well. Keep it going Hexy.

Trio of Flyers prospects patiently waiting their turn

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=726832&cmpid=nhl-twt

"That was huge," he said. "To get a taste of five games, especially in the lockout year, when the fans were so crazy. I know Philly's fans are so passionate. It was awesome."

• 2 weeks later...

Traditionally, yes. However, military heraldy typically tells a story about the unit. Here's the story here (source):

The shield is blue for Infantry; blue is also the color of the South Carolina State flag. The palmetto tree is from the State flag of South Carolina, the allocation of the 327th Infantry. The red bend is taken from the arms of the ancient province of Lorraine, and the fleurs-de-lis indicate the three major operations in which the organization participated during World War I.

This. late to the party so thanks for providing the answers for me.

I was in D co, 2nd Battalion, 327th Infantry from 04-07

I think Hextall will try to put the best team on the ice in Allentown.  It is a new location, new building, and they will be poised to win to build up a local following.  I think a few may get call ups for injuries, but for the most part these guys on @jammer2's list will play this season with the Phantoms.

I think Hextall will try to put the best team on the ice in Allentown.

I think it will be the best team on paper to start a season in the Phantoms history........complete team wise.

I know the Richie and Carter days would solid but not this deep on the blueline and in net......but it's just on paper we'll see if they can put it together. Anything less than back in the playoffs will be a huge disappointment.

With a name like the Lehigh Valley Phantoms they are going to be teased a lot, so they need someone to fight.

When the Lehigh Valley Phantoms go to the bar, do they order grape knee highs?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel confident that Straka, Cousins and Alderson are going to have big years this year. Straka and Cousins definitely struggled, but so do most offensive players when they're learning a very structured defensive system that Murray uses. They've never really had to play defense before and now they're learning about positioning, where to be on the ice, when to make the jump to offense, etc....and it's going to take some time. Now that they've got that first year under their belts, they should be ready for what's expected of them and I'm thinking that their games are going to be elevated this year. As for Alderson, his future is bright. Pryor and company really like what he brings to the table and they think he's going to be a great bottom six forward with size and can put the puck in the net as well. The great news about the three is that they're learning how to play pro defense and that's the hardest thing to be taught. Once that clicks in and their offensive games come around, the Flyers are going to be sitting pretty.

As I lived in Portland OR for 5 yrs I am most excited by Leier. The kid is the best two way player the hawks had the last couple of seasons and a true gamer. His hockey sense should carve out a bottom six, pk'er nitch with some scoring to boot.

Archived