POLL: MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN JETS HISTORY

yave1964

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN jETS HISTORY  

10 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT IS THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN JETS HISTORY

• Moved from Atlanta, Hockey back in Manitoba!!
    • Made my autographed Mike Keane Manitoba Moose jersey a collectors item!
    • ummm
    • Are we talking about Hockey or can i throw in some airplanes on the list?
    • the 747 was nice

What is the most memorable moment in Winnipeg Jets history?

mq_5P3c4m8zmqtUFkD2sdTw.jpg Well they came back after wandering the desert in Arizona, by way of Atlanta, though the Arizona nee Phoenix nee Scottsdale club retains the record of the original Jets so these guys inherit Patrik Stefan andmLGN3pSoQ_icEakM6xHJ3Fw.jpg

the laugh track that was the Atlanta Thrashers. And speaking of Thrashers, what the hell exactly is a Thrasher? Someone told me once that it is a bird, but with the end

of Hockey in Georgia we may never know. For that matter, what exactly is a Patrik Stefan?

So while we ait for Big Buff and Ladd and Little and Trouba and Bogo and enstrom and Pavelec and the rest of the boys of Winter to make their own highlights, m3TWQaOOLXLNjtV1TgymMig.jpg

below i in all sincerity list all of the highlights i could find of the Jets in their first three seasons back in Manitoba. Enjoy.

I really don't know how Heatly will work with Getzlaf and Perry. The guy is 33, his stats show a natural decline due to old age. Last year he managed only 12 goals, and he was mostly healthy. I think the Ducks would be much better served throwing Maroon on the top line. That would give them the biggest line in the league and they would be real hard to stop. Patrick's skating is not his strong point, but having him parked in front of the net would be a nice fit in relation to Perry and Getzlaf's skill sets. I could see Maroon netting around 25 or so if he was given the top line job.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=49508

The Danny Heatley car crash, that killed teammate Dan Snyder

images.jpg

I was keeping it light in lieu of the fact that the Jets have done absolutely zero since going to the Peg/ But you are right, Organizational the Heatley creash, Atlanta's one divisional win and the ill fated drafting of Stefan an d allowing the Sedins to share bunkbeds in Vancouver are the 3 that stand out.

I voted having the Barrie Colts as their talent pipeline

Speaking of Barrie, what can you tell me about their big goalie Mackenzie Blackwood? He's a late birthday, so wasn't draft eligible this year. He's huge, which apparently is a must for a goalie these days, but what else can you tell me? I wouldn't say his numbers are spectacular, but a lot can go into that, the team in front of him etc. It would be nice to know what his upside is...

• 4 years later...

Archived