It's time for Hawk talk!

Chicago Hawkie

Or should I say Hawkie talk?  :lol:

I'm back again after a summer break (Not really a break since work is so busy), and I'm ready for some hockey!

This will be an interesting season for the Hawks.  The Hawks needed to make some moves after signing Brad Richards.  We lost Nick Leddy but we got Danny Carcillo back.  THe Hawks are expecting big progress from Ben Smith ... he's scored some key goals in the past and from the way the Hawks media is discussing him, he's like a volcano ready to erupt.

Bring on the Dallas Stars!  :D

First off, welcome back @Chicago Hawkie , I thought you had abandoned us! Glad to see that isn't the case. :)

Next, yes, hockey is back, I have a real good feeling about both my teams (Lightning and Wild) this season, but I know, and this is especially true for Minnesota, that the 'big boys', of which your Hawks are a part of, need to be dealt with before any celebrations can be had!

Hawks are 2-0 against the Wild in playoff series that last two years, I think that should they meet again, you will find this current version of the Wild a much, much better match!

And regular season play will be monitored closely as well!

Chicago picked up one of my all time favorite players in the league, Brad Richards, in fact, I became a pseudo-fan of every team Richards had played for since he left the Lightning, of course, that fandom dying out to varying degrees when Richards left said teams (Stars, Rangers), and now that he is a Chicago Blackhawk, well, I can't say I can honestly root for the Hawks as they are a prime Wild nemesis (moreso than Dallas actually), however, I can root for him to do well personally (as I am currently doing with VLC in Philly, and MSL with the Rangers).

The Central Division is IMO, the toughest division in hockey top team to bottom team, and the Hawks certainly do their part to make it so.

But, my friend, I think the Hawks this year will find more competition than ever in their way to becoming Stanley Cup Champs again even before playing out of their division.

Blues, Avs, Wild...even the Stars, Preds, and Jets are all gonna give your team games to sweat over...mark it! ;)

Anyways, glad to have you back, don't go sneaking off on me again, ya hear?

I COULD have used some of your knowledge of Chicago about two months or so ago when I visited your awesome city. Stayed over at Best Western by Grant Park, toured the city a bit, including the Navy Pier, Wrigley Field (field tour), some shopping on the North Side, and even took in a White Sox game on the grittier side of town!

All in all a wonderful getaway weekend and I want to go back!

Back to hockey, good luck to Brad Richards and your Hawks this season (but not TOO much...hehe) and we will talk hockey in short order throughout the season.

Cool, @Chicago Hawkie

I went to the Twins - White Sox game on Aug 2nd...a Saturday night game.

Twins won that one 8-6 on Frank Thomas plaque night.

The hubby and I each got one of the minature Big Hurt plaques....which we promptly turned into a small profit from a White Sox fan who saw us with our Twins gear and offered to buy them from us as we wandered the concourses before the game...haha.

which we promptly turned into a small profit from a White Sox fan who saw us with our Twins gear and offered to buy them from us as we wandered the concourses before the game...haha.

Nice the plaque went to someone that will treasure it. Sometimes, I will part with something that I like, just cause it seems like it will go to where it was intended to go. I'd rather something was treasured than sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Nice the plaque went to someone that will treasure it. Sometimes, I will part with something that I like, just cause it seems like it will go to where it was intended to go. I'd rather something was treasured than sitting in a drawer somewhere.

That was our thinking.

I mean, it was a nice thing, but would mean more to a Chicago fan than a Minnesota one.

Guy gave us $25 apiece for ours. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I think both logo's are great.

That new one is awesome looking, and maybe something to keep on the back burner should the political correct crowd turn their eyes from the Redskins to the Hawks logo...you just know they are going to be called to task for that Indian in the logo....this new logo incorporates the spirit of the present logo, without the political correct heat.

That new one is awesome looking, and maybe something to keep on the back burner should the political correct crowd turn their eyes from the Redskins to the Hawks logo...you just know they are going to be called to task for that Indian in the logo....this new logo incorporates the spirit of the present logo, without the political correct heat.

agree, the new one looks a lot more fierce in comparison too.

I like the new logo, but I'd personally like to see them stick with the old one, simply because I'm a traditionalist.

As far as the political correctness part goes, the team name was chosen in honor of the the 86th Infantry Division which was nicknamed the "Black Hawk Division" which was named in honor of Sauk nation leader Black Hawk. When the team's name and logo indirectly honors the man, it just seems wrong to try to force that change in my mind should the effort ever begin.

• 3 weeks later...

Im assuming anything related to the Hawks can be discussed here, so lets discuss Patrick Kane and Panarin. ..

A contender for the art ross and another for the calder. Could this be Kane's best year yet?

Without looking at a stat sheet, I'd say it possibly is.

I mean, everytime I look at a Hawks' boxscore or tune into a game, it seems Patrick Kane is there making something of some sort or the other happen....and it's usually of the goal scoring variety.

Just when it seems the league has this guy figured out in how they are going to play him, he finds ways to beat his coverage and give his team an advantage.

Unbelievable talent who just seems to be getting better and better, if that was even possible.

And one of the main reasons the Minnesota Wild, who for all intents and purposes, are a team set to win NOW, have not gotten as far as they have liked in the post season.

Without looking at a stat sheet, I'd say it possibly is.

I mean, everytime I look at a Hawks' boxscore or tune into a game, it seems Patrick Kane is there making something of some sort or the other happen....and it's usually of the goal scoring variety.

Just when it seems the league has this guy figured out in how they are going to play him, he finds ways to beat his coverage and give his team an advantage.

Unbelievable talent who just seems to be getting better and better, if that was even possible.

And one of the main reasons the Minnesota Wild, who for all intents and purposes, are a team set to win NOW, have not gotten as far as they have liked in the post season.

Even last year, he was on pace for a point per game prior to injury. Last year could have been his best year. This year will probably conclude as one of his top 3 best seasons.

Archived