Chris Pronger Hired to the Department of Players Safety

hf101

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are you finally admitting the Flyers are benefitting from this clear cap circumvention endorsed by the NHL?

Who the hell are you talking to?

I've posted just about everything you've said many times.

The contract was cap circumvention.

The league hiring Pronger is a joke.

YOU are agreeing with ME boy-o.

Who the hell are you talking to?

I've posted just about everything you've said many times.

The contract was cap circumvention.

The league hiring Pronger is a joke.

YOU are agreeing with ME boy-o.

I'm really directing my comments to those saying it falls within the LTIR guidelines!

@Polaris922 Here is a quote from you in another thread, even you admit it...... ;)

"Clarence Campbell handed you two... Bettman only helped us with one... So far..."

That was said jerking you guys around. Lol Are you seriously going to point out non-calls on penalties and suspensions as helping a team out? If so you better give your two Cups back. That's a HUGE stretch Jammer. We can play tit for tat on bad calls all day long... Briere offsides ring a bell? Do you really think one team is favored more than any other on such things? And you dare put Crosby in the goon league of Carcillo or Rinaldo? Those guys get penalized because they're pieces of **** on skates. They should be penalized just for lacing them up. Downie too in my eyes.

That was said jerking you guys around. Lol Are you seriously going to point out non-calls on penalties and suspensions as helping a team out? If so you better give your two Cups back. That's a HUGE stretch Jammer. We can play tit for tat on bad calls all day long... Briere offsides ring a bell? Do you really think one team is favored more than any other on such things? And you dare put Crosby in the goon league of Carcillo or Rinaldo? Those guys get penalized because they're pieces of **** on skates. They should be penalized just for lacing them up. Downie too in my eyes.

How about 20+ seconds too many men in 2009? And the linesmen helped the extra guy back onto the bench.

How about 20+ seconds too many men in 2009? And the linesmen helped the extra guy back onto the bench.

That's my point... We could go back and forth all day. Officiating is ALWAYS shyte... Most suspension reviews are shyte too... This is different. This is the league actually violating its own rules to do something. I spoke out against them letting the Devils off the hook with Kovalchuk, and I'm against this as well.

I'm really directing my comments to those saying it falls within the LTIR guidelines!

It does. It is a legit injury. Marc Savard is under 35 and on LTIR.

Same thing. No difference.

The contract was an attempt at circumvention. The LTIR relief was available then. It remains available now.

It does. It is a legit injury. Marc Savard is under 35 and on LTIR.

Same thing. No difference.

The contract was an attempt at circumvention. The LTIR relief was available then. It remains available now.

To the best of my knowledge Savard doesn't have two contracts from the NHL?

To the best of my knowledge Savard doesn't have two contracts from the NHL?

The NHL hiring Pronger is a sick joke and should never have been allowed.

It is an egregious violation of the CBA. And completely unnecessary. And a slap in the face to the fans BY THE LEAGUE.

It is an egregious violation of the CBA.

While I agree with your essertion, please show me where in the CBA that there is a viloation.

For me personally, I think that Prongers cap hit (LTIR and such) should be removed. Also, while people do not think about this, there is a 50 contract limit. So that contract should also be removed.

While I agree with your essertion, please show me where in the CBA that there is a viloation.

For me personally, I think that Prongers cap hit (LTIR and such) should be removed. Also, while people do not think about this, there is a 50 contract limit. So that contract should also be removed.

Show me where ANY other person in sports is allowed to sign two contracts at the same time? I'll wait!

It still amazes me you can't see how wrong this is and why we lost 1.5 seasons to get this system.

Take off the homer glasses!

Show me where ANY other person in sports is allowed to sign two contracts at the same time? I'll wait!

Exactly. You and I are on the same page. The NHL wants to hire Pronger and sign him to a contract, fine- then his contract is done with the Flyers. There are monetary repercussions, but meet in the middle and split the difference and close the books.

Exactly. You and I are on the same page. The NHL wants to hire Pronger and sign him to a contract, fine- then his contract is done with the Flyers. There are monetary repercussions, but meet in the middle and split the difference and close the books.

So throw out the 35+ clause the OWNERS wanted??!!

So throw out the 35+ clause the OWNERS wanted??!!

Thats not what I am saying. What I am saying  and I think Rad is as well is if you sign a contract  within the league, then there should only be one contract. Chis wants to go work for the NHL, fine. Remove his contract from the Flyers.

Thats not what I am saying. What I am saying  and I think Rad is as well is if you sign a contract  within the league, then there should only be one contract. Chis wants to go work for the NHL, fine. Remove his contract from the Flyers.

Why?????

This is the very obvious reason they put in the 35+ contract rule. And the Flyers are benefitting from the circumvention. He should NOT be able to sign any sort of contract for 3 more seasons.

Why did we lose 1.5 seasons again?

Why not have Pronger dispense his special brand of justice for free until 2017, then the league can kick in with double the money for the next set of years?  Gives Chris a meaningful life and he's not collecting paycheques from two sources.

his is the very obvious reason they put in the 35+ contract rule. And the Flyers are benefitting from the circumvention. He should NOT be able to sign any sort of contract for 3 more seasons.

Why did we lose 1.5 seasons again?

Its hyprocrytical is why. I have no qualms with the 35+ rule, nor how the Flyers are circumventing it with Pronger via LTIR. BUT, if the NHL wants to hire him, then all bets are off. It seems like a double standard to me.

Why not have Pronger dispense his special brand of justice for free until 2017, then the league can kick in with double the money for the next set of years?  Gives Chris a meaningful life and he's not collecting paycheques from two sources.

SMFH! Somehow you still seem to not get it? 1.5 seasons missed!

Someone told hockey fans have short memories.

Its hyprocrytical is why. I have no qualms with the 35+ rule, nor how the Flyers are circumventing it with Pronger via LTIR. BUT, if the NHL wants to hire him, then all bets are off. It seems like a double standard to me.

The million dollar question? Would you feel the same way if the same scenario was happening with a team not named the Flyers?

Archived