Send Laughton back to Fathoms

Jam1986

He hasn't score and looks pretty good out there but needs to get away from the losing! Needs to flourish . Leave kids down there for the same reason. Bring up other vets on the farm. VLC,Rinaldo and many others must go. Coburn I think he knows it's time to go so he's sucking because of it! Needs to go to a Det type team. God Luck Hexy!!!!!!!!

Thinking about Laughton after the game. He has all the skills, except maybe the shot. Can't agree with you more, for his sake send him down. He does not deserve the flogging that the Flayers are going to get. Let him develop and be the next generation of the Flyers.

He's playing better than anyone Not named Jake Claude and Steve Mason.

He deserves to be here. He's earning it. Should reward a player for his effort.

Usually, I'd agree with that mentality, but not this instance. Protect him. It's for his own good.

Richards put up 75 and 80 point seasons along with two over 60. He's won WJ gold, memorial Cup, Calder Cup, Olympic gold and Stanley Cup. His body is worn down because he beat the crap out of it playing his arse off. Thats one hell of a 4th liner.

And Wayne Gretzky can't even make a 4th line....right? Nice logic.

Richards put up 75 and 80 point seasons along with two over 60. He's won WJ gold, memorial Cup, Calder Cup, Olympic gold and Stanley Cup. His body is worn down because he beat the crap out of it playing his arse off. Thats one hell of a 4th liner.And Wayne Gretzky can't even make a 4th line....right? Nice logic.

100% agree. He ends up playing a solid 4th line when his body is worn down because he has great hockey instincts and still leaves it all out on the ice. His "eventual ceiling" wasn't the 4th line.

I'm kinda torn on this question. On one hand, he is playing well, proving that he belongs. I still believe he can gain confidence in the AHL being on the top pp. I think the thing that tips the scales towards him staying up is his exceptional defensive acumen. With that in his back pocket, the Flyers can afford for him to learn on the fly. 

There are a lot of players that should be moved, but Laughton shouldn't be one of them. Him along with Simmonds and Raffl have been one of the Flyers best lines in recent games, if not the best. There would be no reason to send him down to prove what he has already proven. Let him play in the NHL and get some experience, and eventually points, under his belt.

If you want to play him against easier competition in the NHL and give him more offensive zone starts, i'm all for it.

Archived