Post-Game Puck Possession: Top lines thrive, Bottom lines dive

RiskyBryzness

ApN1QEG.png

The Flyers top lines once again did very well. 10-28-93 really drove the offense today; on the ice for the only even strength goal and connecting on the PP goal. Laughton really deserves his first NHL point, hopefully he'll get it soon. Umberger needs to be scratched next, or at least moved down. A healthy scratching of Lecavalier and Umberger would definitely do wonders.

kisTbq2.png

Streit and Grossmann really struggled despite Grossmann's goal. Schenn's time in the press box seemed to motivate him, and he was the best Flyers defenseman today along with Del Zotto. It was refreshing to not see AMac on the ice today, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is back Tuesday for Schultz or hopefully Grossmann.

Full Recap Here: http://www.flyerdelphia.com/2014/11/game-recap-different-day-same-results-as-flyers-face-rangers.html

You know what's impressive to me? Look at Laughton's CF% vs his offensive zone start percentage. His shots for vs shots against was fourth best on the team despite starting in the offensive zone only one third of the time.

Laughton has been the best player on the ice during most of his time up here. Hopefully 12-49-17 can find the back of the net soon.

That line has played really well and it starts w Laughton strong play. I think it is a matter of time until they find the back of the net.

That line has played really well and it starts w Laughton strong play. I think it is a matter of time until they find the back of the net.

Yes but he needs goals and assist or he will be another Coots. So gets traded him or Coots

Yes but he needs goals and assist or he will be another Coots. So gets traded him or Coots

This really makes no sense. Coots has turned into a great defensive center, one of the best shutdown centers in the league some might say. He has generated a lot of chances. No points in a few games is not a problem.

No points in a few games is not a problem.

Not just that he is the least of this teams worries right now. Especially with this AHL defense they are icing every night. You know its sad when defenseman are a hot commodity around the NHL.....except any of the Flyer Dmen no one wants these bums....except the Flyers.

If a very good LW is available, I move Couturier, and permanently promote Laughton. That's 1) how happy I've been with Laughton's on ice product, 2) realize that Couturier just isn't needed as badly by the team currently (value will never be higher and all that), and 3) realize that the Flyers sorely need a winger/sniper.

If a very good LW is available, I move Couturier, and permanently promote Laughton. That's 1) how happy I've been with Laughton's on ice product, 2) realize that Couturier just isn't needed as badly by the team currently (value will never be higher and all that), and 3) realize that the Flyers sorely need a winger/sniper.

Trading Couturier would be a pretty bad move at this point, unless the LW is elite and under a great contract. Even then, our main problems aren't solved. Raffl and Schenn have done well enough on the 1st line LW.

I think Laughton is permanently promoted at this point as 2C anyway.

If a very good LW is available, I move Couturier, and permanently promote Laughton.

There is Mikkel Boedker is available Yotes want to move him. I'd like a shot at him but i'm not sure i want to move Coots for him. I'd be more willing to move Read for him but not sure if that is enough.

There is Mikkel Boedker is available Yotes want to move him. I'd like a shot at him but i'm not sure i want to move Coots for him. I'd be more willing to move Read for him but not sure if that is enough.

I don't know if i'd consider Boedker "good" let alone "very good"

I may be in the minorirty but I am not even close to be ready to be moving Couturier.  His potential is untapped.  The fact he is not producing in its own way is actually good - he has no leverage to demand a steep increase in salary.  I woudl just hate to see him scoring 60 points for some other team 2-3 years from now.  And I do beleive he is quite capable of at least that output. 

What is the urgency?

Some ugly numbers to support the theory about the main defensemen not playing take it for what it's worth...

bjIgesM.png

...you tell me.

Where did you argue this? I agree wholeheartedly that Grossmann and AMac should be benched, but Coburn has too good of a track record to give up on just yet.

but Coburn has too good of a track record to give up on just yet.

What have you been watching since he came back???? He has been brutal since he has came back from injury the Rags game he turned the puck over that lead directly to a goal....sorry but he sucks and it's time to find a new address for him.

I don't know if i'd consider Boedker "good" let alone "very good"

Plus he is their best young forward. It's not his fault his is a LW and they have him at RW. Dude is better than pretty much every winger on the Flyers.

What have you been watching since he came back???? He has been brutal since he has came back from injury the Rags game he turned the puck over that lead directly to a goal....sorry but he sucks and it's time to find a new address for him.

He played poorly in the games immediately following his return. In recent games he has played about on par with the rest of the team in pretty tough usage, very little offensive zone time and playing against tough competition.

Plus he is their best young forward. It's not his fault his is a LW and they have him at RW. Dude is better than pretty much every winger on the Flyers.

Why are we even focusing on the Coyotes? He isn't that good, and i'd take quite a few of our wingers over him (Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn (if you consider him a wing at this point), Read, Raffl).

Archived