Umberger on 2nd PP

Bakanekimiwa

I am borderline incensed that Berube continues to use Bumberger on the 2nd PP. But beyond that, I just can't imagine why!!??

Wouldn't the 2nd PP be better with just about anyone else? Perhaps even give Laughton a chance? I dunno... Bellemare.

What I can't figure is how Umby not only stays out of the doghouse, he seems to be almost rewarded with PP tIme. Am I missing something? Trying to get dUmberger points to facilitate a trade?

I do think Umburglar had a better game against the Kings, and I actually noticed him a few times. He still sucks, but at least he's not clinically dead anymore.

Yeah, I mean, he did have that terrific delay of game penalty there at the end, so history will record he was actually in the game.

(I know. Just being a smart ###)

I do think Umburglar had a better game against the Kings, and I actually noticed him a few times. He still sucks, but at least he's not clinically dead anymore.

Maybe they are showcasing him for a trade!!!!!  :ph34r:

Well i can't understand how the guy has avoided fetching popcorn yet.....i mean if we are holding "everyone" accountable.....he needs to sit...really.

If we sit Vinnie AND Umberger you can pretty much kiss a lottery pick goodbye.

If we sit Vinnie AND Umberger you can pretty much kiss a lottery pick goodbye.

Yeah...i'm still on the fence at what i want........i forked out the money so i could watch them play so i was hoping for some playoff hockey because like in football at Christmas it takes something out of watching it when you don't have a dog in the race.

But i do like/love the thought of getting some of these kids who could be up there if they suck enough.

So if it's Mcdavid then play them both.

Well i can't understand how the guy has avoided fetching popcorn yet.....i mean if we are holding "everyone" accountable.....he needs to sit...really.

This is what I'm sayin! I mean... not only does he avoid fetching popcorn, he's actually on the 2nd PP. I really... really just don't get Berube. 

In all honesty though do you really believe we have a shot at a top 3 pick? I really don't think we do.... I hope we do but we don't suck that bad....

We need Vinny in the lineup

I think this team is just starting to reach it's stride.... toward the bottom. I fully expect us to seriously compete.... for the top draft pick. 

It's working though. Tough to argue with results.

I don't get it either. Well I have theories, but they're just that.

In the mean time, he and Coots are putting up points on then2nd PP unit when no one else was before.

I am borderline incensed that Berube continues to use Bumberger on the 2nd PP. But beyond that, I just can't imagine why!!??

Wouldn't the 2nd PP be better with just about anyone else? Perhaps even give Laughton a chance? I dunno... Bellemare.

What I can't figure is how Umby not only stays out of the doghouse, he seems to be almost rewarded with PP tIme. Am I missing something? Trying to get dUmberger points to facilitate a trade?

It's working though. Tough to argue with results.

I don't get it either. Well I have theories, but they're just that.

In the mean time, he and Coots are putting up points on then2nd PP unit when no one else was before.

Cooter got an assist on the PP. I'm specifically talking about Umberger who is dead weight. He had no assists and miraculously was +/- even. I don't really call that 'working'. My point is... that I have no idea what the idea is with Berube putting Umberger on the PP at ALL. He's trying to send messages to players like MDZ who have been playing fairly well most of the season and then puts Umberger, who by ALL accounts sucks, on the PP!? 

What message does this send to the rest of the team? Suck and you'll be bumped to the PP?

Well they weren't scoring on the 2nd PP unit either, so I guess the message is, we'll try anything to see if anything works.

But Right you are. Just a goal.

coots is definitely the guy who belongs in the 2nd PP unit he seems to be the spark

Of corse the fear is that those are two minutes he's eother not shutting down the Perrys and Getlafs or two minutes he's a bit less effective about defending them.

Cooter got an assist on the PP. I'm specifically talking about Umberger who is dead weight. He had no assists and miraculously was +/- even. I don't really call that 'working'. My point is... that I have no idea what the idea is with Berube putting Umberger on the PP at ALL. He's trying to send messages to players like MDZ who have been playing fairly well most of the season and then puts Umberger, who by ALL accounts sucks, on the PP!?

What message does this send to the rest of the team? Suck and you'll be bumped to the PP?

Next year we'll have McDavid or Eichel on the 2nd pp?

Archived