Wow! What did you think of last night's game?

The Quigster

After Chief's comment "We don't need no friggin' goons", I guess I can understand the lack of competitive,aggressive play and the continuation of their timid style .Clearing the net in front of Razor was non-existent. This team needs a can whoop-ass dumped in the water fountain!

After Chief's comment "We don't need no friggin' goons", I guess I can understand the lack of competitive,aggressive play and the continuation of their timid style .Clearing the net in front of Razor was non-existent. This team needs a can whoop-ass dumped in the water fountain!

They lost against a better team....with a better blueline and a better goaltender.....and they took advantage of the Flyers weakest link this year the PK. It happens.

This Flyer team has many issues.....their biggest is their blueline. I'd like to see them change some things up and get rid of the two biggest slowest guys and add some speed to the lineup.

Bench GrossmanN and Luke and insert Cocacola and MDZ..............it can't hurt and may help their transition game.

They lost against a better team....with a better blueline and a better goaltender.....and they took advantage of the Flyers weakest link this year the PK. It happens.

This Flyer team has many issues.....their biggest is their blueline. I'd like to see them change some things up and get rid of the two biggest slowest guys and add some speed to the lineup.

Bench GrossmanN and Luke and insert Cocacola and MDZ..............it can't hurt and may help their transition game.

Occam:

I agree and thought the Inquirer and Courier-Post takes were off base.  The PK last night was bad because the Flyers players are a step or two slower than the opposition.  I also thought Giroux took a dumb penalty to begin with.

The paper reports suggest disbelief or surprise at the poor performance given the similarity of personnel and Ian Lapierrier's leadership.  Taking a guy like Timmonen out of the equation has to hurt.  Coburn is not what he was.  I am not sure if anyone will be as tenacious as Adam Hall. But my fear is lack of team speed.  They gave a guy like Forsberg too much room, probably out of respect.  It was like Stamkos' goal a few games ago--you leave a guy like that unattended for a second and you are at risk.

.I stopped watching after the second and took a peek later on.  The Preds are fast and Rinne is superb.  

Best,

Howie

The Flyers were okay 5v5. That PK though...

Yes and they could use some help with the transition game so it's why i suggested benching Luke and Grossmann if for no other reason to get some speed and better puck handlers into the game with MDZ and Cocacola....it can't hurt. Need to improve the transition game and team speed these two guys can help.

Yes and they could use some help with the transition game so it's why i suggested benching Luke and Grossmann if for no other reason to get some speed and better puck handlers into the game with MDZ and Cocacola....it can't hurt. Need to improve the transition game and team speed these two guys can help.

Agreed, though I haven't given up on Luke yet.

The transition problem in my opinion rests mostly with lazy forward play in the neutral zone, poor awareness by the forwards, and poor pass receiving skills by the forwards. Better outlet passing won't do anything until the forwards step their neutral zone game up.

And I really do want both mdz and cocacola back. It's a numbers game right now, and the Flyers need to move Coburn, Grossmann, or MacDonald to make some space. I'd rather keep Coburn over the other two, but depending on the return, I'd listen.

Better outlet passing won't do anything until the forwards step their neutral zone game up.

Yes and i'm not just saying better outlet passes i'm talking speed to the loose pucks...maybe quicker Dmen to the pucks will lead to greater possession times and more opportunities with the puck to get them to the forwards.

Just an idea from what i've seen....bottom line is Nick and Luke do well blocking and knocking the puck down but have zero speed to help retrieve it. 6 guys with some decent speed and skating skills.

Easier than that. Start by Not taking stupid back to back high stick calls that leave you down two men with your best player off the ice.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

All the same we take our chances, laughed at by time. Tricked by circumstances. ;)

As a side note, I was at the Sens/Wings game on the same night, and it gave me a chance to watch without any emotion in the way. I see the Sens in a similar boat as the Flyers - lots of young promising talent that just isn't ready yet. There are moments where you see things come together for a glimpse of how strong they could be in just a few short years. 

My dad watched the WJC game a few nights ago, and was impressed with Morin. Then he found out he was a Flyers prospect, and texted me with "wow, Morin is a huge boy and was impressive out there - looks like the Flyers picked a good one."

Sometimes it's just a matter of perspective.

Archived