Which West Conf Coach - Coaches the Eastern Conference All Stars?

hf101

How bizarre.

The league announced today the both Darrel Sutter of the Kings and Peter Laviolette of the Predators will coach the All Star teams.  But both coaches are from the Western division, yet one of them (probably Laviolette will coach the Eastern conference All Stars.

What a stupid rule.

Under the All-Star selection process, the head coach of the team with the highest points percentage (points earned divided by total possible points) in the NHL through games of Saturday, Jan. 10 — the halfway point of the regular season — earns the right to lead one of the All-Star teams.

Laviolette’s Predators have recorded a League-leading points percentage of .725 (27-9-4) and are assured of retaining the top spot through Saturday’s games. Joining Laviolette will be members of his Nashville coaching staff.

As head coach of the defending Stanley Cup champion Kings, Sutter will direct the other All-Star Team and be accompanied by members of his Los Angeles coaching staff.

Either have both Stanley cup coaches represent their conferences or choose the Eastern and Western team leaders at the season midpoint.  The above process is really ridiculous.

@hf101

Agreed.

I think baseball gets it right, let the coaches of the two teams who played in the Cup the previous year coach, or if that don't work, let the point leader of Each conference have their coach run their conferences team. I don't watch the Al Star game, it is not Hockey and it is stupid things like this that are why.

@yave1964

ah, I guess there is no Eastern vs Western All Stars this year.  Teams will be picked via a players draft.  Maybe it is more fun for the players this way, I don't know. 

The whole thing is has gone from an honor to be named an All Star to a Reebok media event.

The jerseys look like sneakers.

ASGblack11-800x572.jpg

ASGwhite11-800x572.jpg

@yave1964

ah, I guess there is no Eastern vs Western All Stars this year.  Teams will be picked via a players draft.  Maybe it is more fun for the players this way, I don't know. 

The whole thing is has gone from an honor to be named an All Star to a Reebok media event.

The jerseys look like sneakers.

ASGblack11-800x572.jpg

ASGwhite11-800x572.jpg

Those make hideous look good.

Okay, I probably would not have watched the All-Star game because it bores the crap out of me and it's fairly stupid.

But this has gone from ridiculous to sublime.

1) I dislike setups where players from "my" team could potentially be playing against each other.  This is why I disliked "North America Vs. The World" and now the draft thing.  The Flyers have two players going and potentially could be on separate teams.  In such a scenario, who the hell am I supposed to cheer for?  In the absence of having a team to cheer for, why the hell would I watch?

2) What or who in the hell designed the jerseys?  Was this done as a junior high special ed class project or did someone simply puke on fabric?  It looks like a Nike sneaker that someone was wearing when they stepped in dog ####.

3) I'm actually okay with this year's best coaching against last year's best, but that may be because I ultimately really don't care.

I'll probably be watching something more entertaining, like the Food Network or "Honey Boo Boo Gets an SVD" or something.

Archived