Getzlaf calls out OV for diving...

B21

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25070404/ducks-ryan-getzlaf-blasts-alex-ovechkin-for-embarrassing-dives

The link to the article has a clip.  Looks like Getzlaf take issue with a fairly routine "hit" by OV so he gives him a slash to the lower leg.  OV goes down.  Definitely a slash but OV does sell it a bit.

Of course, this was Getzlaf just this past December against the Leafs.

Ah, the hypocrisy!  :ph34r: Never knew Getzlaf could be such a whiner.  :ph34r:

OV's had a lot of practice at it, but just like most of his sneaky dirty plays, he doesn't get called on it.  

True. Should have been offsetting but Getzlaf deserved the 2:00...and he comes out of this looking like a hypocritical whiner for apparently having issue with OV's hit, taking a cheap shot at a guy then bizzaching about it not so long after he did the exact same thing.

If this had come from someone other than Getzlaf it would have held a bit more credence but Getzlaf is one of the biggest crybabies in the game, always chirping the ref's at every timeout and every call that goes against his team you would think it was the worst call of all time. Not saying Ovie is not a diver, I am just saying, hello Kettle, (Getzlaf) meet the pot.

Not saying Ovie is not a diver, I am just saying, hello Kettle, (Getzlaf) meet the pot.

This.

If this had come from someone other than Getzlaf it would have held a bit more credence but Getzlaf is one of the biggest crybabies in the game, always chirping the ref's at every timeout and every call that goes against his team you would think it was the worst call of all time.

Interesting.  ;)

@B21

I thought the diving thing made it relavant. That was a fairly recent article and relating to stars and their diving. There was another article which I was going to reference that pointed out that 22 NHL players had recieved notices and warnings for diving and that fines would follow. Go ahead and avoid the actual forum we are in called "Around the NHL". Silly me, what does Malkin's diving calls have to do with diving around the NHL........ :confused[1]:

I wish the NHL would post the results of the "reviews" that they have after the embellishment calls to make it clear which one they deem embellishment and which ones they don't.  Since Malkin was not fined, one or both were deemed not diving and mistakes by the officiating crew in that game.    The way they have it set up, they could easily post a rogues gallary of who has been warned, and who has been fined along with the games it happened.

@B21

Waahhh!!! You rrr r r picking on the Pens....Get over yourself if you can't handle an on topic reference to one of those you worship. On topic references to a thread will continue to be used when they pertain to the topic at hand. Sorry that one of the first articles that comes up when you search NHL and Diving is the article on Malkin.

Had a feeling your response would be something along those lines.  It goes without saying...post whatever you want wherever you want.  Just try not to get your panties in a bunch the next time you get called out on your (cough cough) "on topic" post.  Which - also as expected - leaves you with the textbook "Pens-fan-can't-take-it..." defense.

God forbid a Pens fan be critical of another player for diving (OV, Getzlaf) or for being hypocritical with their criticism (Getzlaf again).  Pretty obvious that is where your issue lies and why you posted what you did.  Or did you struggle with the actual thread title?

Anway, never miss an opportunity....

I wish the NHL would post the results of the "reviews" that they have after the embellishment calls to make it clear which one they deem embellishment and which ones they don't.  Since Malkin was not fined, one or both were deemed not diving and mistakes by the officiating crew in that game.    The way they have it set up, they could easily post a rogues gallary of who has been warned, and who has been fined along with the games it happened.

Agree completely. They should make a site with a wall of shame for the biggest offenders no matter which team they are on.

P.S. Please don't misconstrue this an attack on the Penguins as it is not. And for the record, the first post I did was not meant as an attack against anyone's sensibilities either. Cough cough...........

Might work.  The fines we already know about.  I wouldn't have a problem with the warnings being made public.

Archived