Hockey Players With Terrible Attitudes

JagerMeister

Depending upon your definition.

Marty Lapointe was a 2nd/3rd line winger for the 97 and 98 Wings championships, I collect autographs and letters from players, I mostly do this with retired players who seem to enjoy telling their stories.

A few years ago I decided to get an autographed card from every member of the back to back champion Wings, it took me the better part of a year, sending out cards with a letter asking for an autograph, some addresses are public record, others I sent to the Wings, to a man they sent the cards back autographed, some with letters others simply the card. To a man.

All except Lapointe.

I sent a second one. No Reply. A third. The same thing.

Finally I went to my last resort and purchased an autographed Lapointe card on EBAY for like 3 bucks plus shipping and put it with my set. I even sent a fourth card out to Marty after that, thinking, well, maybe he didn't get them or something, hell even players such as Yzerman, Federov and Lidstrom signed the cards, the one from Lidstrom had a thank you letter for asking for his autograph. I never received the card from Lapointe back. Maybe he goes to card shows and only sells his autograph, I don't know but to me he is the biggest dick ever to wear the winged wheel.

P.S. Konstantinov I bought his autograph off EBAY as well but he gets a free pass. Lapointe was not even a star, he always acted like one and the Wings always talked about his tremendous upside and how he would be a captain someday but he signed a huge deal with Boston and bombed and finished as a fourth liner with Chicago. It doesn't break my heart that he never did anything after leaving Detroit.

Archived