Mason

Adamflyers

Last night, Mason clearly did not have his best stuff.  He was fighting the puck off and giving up huge rebounds.  Obviously we all remember the 1st 8 seconds of the game as well.  Had that goal been allowed, the results of that game could have been very different.  

With that being said, his performance last night shows me that even when he is not having his best night, he is a goalie who can come up with the big saves and ultimately win games.  IMO, the Flyers do not win if Mason is not in the net.  I pray that he can generally stay healthy going forward during is time here, which I hope is a long time.  As the Flyers should know, good goalies are tough to come by.

Besides the 2 points, the best part of being at last night's game was sending the obnoxious hoards of Rangers fans out the door with a loss and a lot of taunting.  These people come in here and they sing that horrible goal song when the Rangers score.  They did not much appreciate some of us singing their song to them after the Flyers scored!  It's been too long since we have been able to give Rangers fans the business in our building.

I agree that his rebound control was a little lacking - but damn that guy is solid. He's athletic, sharp, and very focused.

Love the guy, and happy he's (apparently) healthy. I have absolutely no doubt the Flyers can win a Cup with him in goal.

The only thing better than a talented goaltender is a talented goaltender with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

Agree Jack... Now I hope the build a defense worthy enough to play in front of him.

Hopefully Morin, Ghost and Sanheim all pan out. Hopefully Hexy is able to shed the dead weight and build this D up sooner than later. Not an easy task

I think they will be fine i'd even throw Hagg and maybe Alt in there to.

The only reason Hagg concerns me is that his character has been called into question. I fear he could be one of those guys who has the potential to be good but that we are all clamoring to have him traded because he keeps screwing up. I'd love to be wrong on that. It would be pretty amazing if all those guys pan out. I feel most confident in Ghost and Sanheim. I have never been 100% sold on Morin but love the idea of what he might bring if he pans out! I have always been a Pronger fan, even from before he was a Flyer and I love the thought of a talented D man who models his game after Pronger.

The only reason Hagg concerns me is that his character has been called into question. I fear he could be one of those guys who has the potential to be good but that we are all clamoring to have him traded because he keeps screwing up. I'd love to be wrong on that. It would be pretty amazing if all those guys pan out. I feel most confident in Ghost and Sanheim. I have never been 100% sold on Morin but love the idea of what he might bring if he pans out! I have always been a Pronger fan, even from before he was a Flyer and I love the thought of a talented D man who models his game after Pronger.

Yes Hagg does have some things to work on and maybe he'll get them worked out.

I'm actually higher on Morin than Ghost....and that mostly has to do with size and will he be as effective in the NHL with his puck skills and will he be able to hold up with the jump in physicality at the NHL level.

Morin will be just fine i think once you remember even though he skates real well for a BIG guy he is a stay at home type Flyers can use him soon in the future.

In fact Morin is the one i feel best about if he is pressed into action next year if need be after juniors...i don't want him to be but if injuries happen and he is needed i feel he can handle it at such a young age.

Besides the 2 points, the best part of being at last night's game was sending the obnoxious hoards of Rangers fans out the door with a loss and a lot of taunting.  These people come in here and they sing that horrible goal song when the Rangers score.  They did not much appreciate some of us singing their song to them after the Flyers scored!  It's been too long since we have been able to give Rangers fans the business in our building.

Your brother fired me a text after the 2nd period about all the riff raff, when the Flyboys went up 3-2 I felt like I was there for a second! Glad you guys sent them out on their ass... and I hope it was some of the same obnoxioyus jerk offs that sat around me at the Winter Classic....

Yes Hagg does have some things to work on and maybe he'll get them worked out.

I'm actually higher on Morin than Ghost....and that mostly has to do with size and will he be as effective in the NHL with his puck skills and will he be able to hold up with the jump in physicality at the NHL level.

Morin will be just fine i think once you remember even though he skates real well for a BIG guy he is a stay at home type Flyers can use him soon in the future.

In fact Morin is the one i feel best about if he is pressed into action next year if need be after juniors...i don't want him to be but if injuries happen and he is needed i feel he can handle it at such a young age.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying on Morin.  My comments are certainly not a prediction of him being a bust, but I guess I just have not seen enough of him to get a good read yet.  I just love the idea of him bringing a Pronger style back to the blue line and hope that's how it works out.

Ghost's size is my biggest concern as well.  I think skill wise he will be fine, but his small size is def a concern and as you said whether it will translate well in the NHL.  He would not be the only smaller guy to succeed in the league, which is why I have confidence he will overcome that limitation.

Next year should be interesting to see if anyone is ready to make the jump or at least get some looks with the Flyers.  Do we know when Ghost is supposed to start playing again this year? 

Your brother fired me a text after the 2nd period about all the riff raff, when the Flyboys went up 3-2 I felt like I was there for a second! Glad you guys sent them out on their ass... and I hope it was some of the same obnoxioyus jerk offs that sat around me at the Winter Classic....

LOL...Oh man, we really gave it to a group of obnoxious ones sitting in the section next to us.  They were doing Lets go Rangers chants, ripping Del Zotto a lot in the beginning of the game and they were singing their dumb goal song on Rangers goals.

When Del Zotto put them went ahead, I went right into their row and started singing the song at them. They didn't look pleased.  We also got them and another group as they were leaving their seats to take the walk of shame after Simmonds' goal.  Again, they didn't look pleased, but I always say if you have the balls to come into another team's building and cheer like you are in your own and taunt the home town fans, be ready to get it back in spades if your team fails to show up!

It was very therapeutic after seeing them beaten so many time at home recently by that team and having hoards of their fans just taunting the whole time. 

I just love the idea of him bringing a Pronger style back to the blue line and hope that's how it works out.

Me too. I hope he pans out for sure just check this Pronger like stretch pass from the other day....me likey.

https://vine.co/v/O2jzwrxl1MJ

Flyers could use some of that.

He would not be the only smaller guy to succeed in the league, which is why I have confidence he will overcome that limitation.

Yes there are many of small stature who learn to play smart with their limitations...Kimmo is a perfect example. Sami Vatanen of the Ducks Jared Spurgeon is other just off the top of my head. So i'm sure he will lean to play smart he to me already has great vision and he will learn to utilize his skill set i believe.

Just give him the time to get there along with the other and not force them into the lineup. 

When Del Zotto put them went ahead, I went right into their row and started singing the song at them. They didn't look pleased.  We also got them and another group as they were leaving their seats to take the walk of shame after Simmonds' goal.

Oustanding, God bless your fine work!

I'll let my brother tell you what he did if he would like to share! LOL  The Rangers and Penguins just bring out a whole new level of immaturity in us!

Yes well after the Rags went up 2-1 their scumbag fans were strutting around as if they owned the place and showed no respect for the building with their signing of their incredibly stupid goal song....

So when we tied it I showed them no respect by jumping out of my row aiming my backside at them and gesturing for them to kiss it!!!  I don't think that they were pleased.  The STH who sits behind me thought it was so funny that he asked me to do it again so before the faceoff at center ice for the goal I got out of my seat and did it again!!

The sweetest thing though is when AdamFlyers and I got in their row and in their faces and sang their goal song after Simmers empty net goal.  They were PISSED!  They could all dish it out but couldn't not take it apparently!

I normally don't do things like that with opposing fans as they have every right to cheer for their team but when they don't respect the building and the fact that they are on the road....as a passionate Flyers fan I get pissed and have to deal with it and as my brother said, when it is the Rags and Pens fans, it brings out a whole new level of immaturity and sophomoric behavior. 

Archived