Any Blues fans have insight to wtf they are thinking ?

mojo1917

What.... Olli Jokinen isn't going to deliver them to the promise land???  

I don't have any problems with their other moves though... Michalek/Bortuzzo are seviceable... and Cracknell probably won't play much.

What was your major concern?

@fishbulb

I get the michalek move on the blue line but i don't see bortuzzo as even a lateral move.

ollie jokienen ?  

are they struggling right now and need to shake things up ?  I don't follow them closely but do remember a point this season where they were playing really well. 

the moves seem to me at least to be saying he look lets trade some guys , its what we do today....i don't see where after the coyote trade they needed to do anything else.

Edit: and if they need defense help , why deal a defensman ? talking about the Cole deal.  

@fishbulb

I get the michalek move on the blue line but i don't see bortuzzo as even a lateral move.

ollie jokienen ?  

are they struggling right now and need to shake things up ?  I don't follow them closely but do remember a point this season where they were playing really well. 

the moves seem to me at least to be saying he look lets trade some guys , its what we do today....i don't see where after the coyote trade they needed to do anything else.

Edit: and if they need defense help , why deal a defensman ? talking about the Cole deal.

Michalek is a tough son of a gun, one of the very best shot blockers in the game and a good pick up. Bortuzzo for Cole, kind of one of those nothing for nothing deals but Bortuzzo does have over 100 hits on the year. So the blueline just got tougher and with Elliot in net, a solid serviceable goalie but that is about it.

Jokinen, the Blues signed a player named Jori Lehtera from the KHL who after a red hot start has cooled off badly. Even playing on a line with Schwartz and Taresenko, Lehtera over the past six weeks has been wretched. Jokinen has been awful but can step in at center if needed, if nothing else it was a wakeup call to Lehtera to get his crap together or he may lose his job to the veteran Jokinen. That is what I think it was. Strictly speculating but I feel very confident in my assessment.

This is where the Blues do something that makes them crap the bed EVERY time they may have something good going for them.

Expect them to fail until proven otherwise.

You mean like fix what isn't broken?

Like getting Ryan Miller last year when the problem wasn't goaltending, but deeper scoring depth?

Like trying to invest more money in defensemen, when their big bodied forwards do enough lane clogging to drive a plumber crazy?

I have no clue what you are talking about Rux.....

You mean like fix what isn't broken?

Like getting Ryan Miller last year when the problem wasn't goaltending, but deeper scoring depth?

Like trying to invest more money in defensemen, when their big bodied forwards do enough lane clogging to drive a plumber crazy?

I have no clue what you are talking about Rux.....

This exactly. And the Miller thing is a great example. They seem to go out of their way to screw up their chemistry. It's nuts.

I wasn't sure HOW they'd do it, but I was certain they'd shoot themselves in the foot eventually.

They just did.

Michalek plays great in Phoenix. He didnt fare so well in Pittsburgh. But the Blues are a more defense minded team than us so maybe he'll prosper there. He sure stunk here!

Bortuzzo.... Must be betting on development. Youth being teachable. I dunno why else.

I am thinking they are coming out of the West and into the Finals

I am thinking you're nuts.

How ya doing? Haven't seen you in awhile. You need to make an appearance in the Eagles thread to talk about McCoy and the Eagles resigning Suckchez.

Archived