Jets Stanley Cup Champs!

Podein25

....in 2019 says the Hockey News: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/the-hockey-news-foresees-jets-as-stanley-cup-champs-in-2019-1.2980042

It's hard to disagree given the prospects they have. And to think that they have two 1sts in June, in the deepest draft in awhile.

They also appear to be able to develop them. One of the under the radar stories this year has been the play of Adam Lowry. The kid plays like he's 27 and is mean. He can play center or wing. He hits everything is sight, rarely loses a battle and is smart beyond his years.

Call me crazy, but the Jets could surprise everyone this spring and make a run. They have a team built for playoff hockey: big, fast, well-coached. Lately they have been more disciplined too, which is critical of course.

And they really don't have a gaping hole anywhere. Definately doing things right.

Goaltending is still an issue in the eyes of many. Hutch is untested in the tough going and Pavs, is well, Pavs. I actually think he has played just fine this year - given his team a chance to win most nights, but lots of people don't have any faith in him. Down the road, there's Helleybuck and Comrie, of course. On D, they now have Meyers (what a pleasure to watch he is!) and Trouba (future Norris) with Morrissey on the way. All anchored by Buig Buff. There's lots to like there.

I like their moves, I would feel a lot better about Stempniak, Tlusty and Stafford if it were not for the injuries to Wheeler and Perreault. Still, if these two come back and the others gel, yeah, very possible to make a run. If they finish 4th and draw Nashville, the Predators have cooled off and are not exactly the most experienced team.

Goaltending is a question in Nsshville but hey, lots of big bodies playing in the postseason can help offset a lot of woes.

@yave1964

Goaltending is a question? Whats the answer? Rinne wins the Vezina, or Price?

My God I am going to have to start rereading these before I post,

Goaltending is a question mark in WINNIPEG. Not Nashville, WINNIPEG. Good lord I am going to go yell at my wife. Not her fault, just gonna yell at her any way.

How much of Nashville's recent slump is related to goaltending?

From what I have seen, having watched the Wingd defeat the Preds and then watching the Preds get it handed to them by the Rangers.

I would have to say the team seems to have hit the wall a bit, Forsberg seems to have lost a step and needs to catch his second wind. Colin Wilson who was red hot a month ago looks ordinary, only Fisher among the forwards seems to have his game on.

Franson and Santorelli are still trying to blend in, the team seems out of sorts. I would not be surprised if the Blues came back and won the division. Still, overall a nice story in Nashville this year.

@yave1964

Cheers.

Funny how things go. They trade for more depth and then go into a bit of a tailspin. Let's guess why, shall we?

A. It's just a coincidence, nothing to see here.

B. The trade disrupted team chemistry, which can be a delicate thing, like baking a cake.

C. Franson and Santorelli brought with them Leafs Stink which now envelops the team.

Yeah, we all know it's C.

@Podein25  I've stated more than a few times I think the Jets will win the cup in the near future, I just think it happens a year....or maybe two years before the Hockey News predictied....I'm thinking 2017 at the earliest but definitely by 2018....the HN is a year off. It all depends on how quick their young forwards become dominant. They have Hutchinson.....goalie of the future...check.....the defense is in placle....with Trouba only getting better and Morrisey set to arrive this year. The part I love about all their prospects is they are all elite skaters. This team is gonna be real fun to watch for the next decade.

This team is gonna be real fun to watch for the next decade.

They are fun to watch, although not last night. They played a fine 1st but came out of it down 1-0. This Hammond guy in the Ottawa net is on fire. An undrafted 27 year old. The world of goaltending is a funny one. Buff got hurt and didn't return. No update yet. Looked totally innocent - maybe a back spasm or something. Not good if he's out for any length of time.

....in 2019 says the Hockey News: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/the-hockey-news-foresees-jets-as-stanley-cup-champs-in-2019-1.2980042

It's hard to disagree given the prospects they have. And to think that they have two 1sts in June, in the deepest draft in awhile.

They also appear to be able to develop them. One of the under the radar stories this year has been the play of Adam Lowry. The kid plays like he's 27 and is mean. He can play center or wing. He hits everything is sight, rarely loses a battle and is smart beyond his years.

Call me crazy, but the Jets could surprise everyone this spring and make a run. They have a team built for playoff hockey: big, fast, well-coached. Lately they have been more disciplined too, which is critical of course.

i would love to visit this Fantasy Land with The Hockey News. The team has some legit prospects but the, team right now, can't find any consistency and I'm losing confidence that they'll get past the first round or even get in.

i would love to visit this Fantasy Land with The Hockey News. The team has some legit prospects but the, team right now, can't find any consistency and I'm losing confidence that they'll get past the first round or even get in

I confess to getting a bit too excited. I stopped watching the game last night - I just couldn't see them coming back from 3-0, even though it is "the worse lead in hockey." But the game could have gone either way. The great save on Ladd in the first, the post by Tlusty on an empty net. 

I don't necessarily see it as inconsistency. Certainly their PP and PK are. But 5-on-5 I see a team that plays hard every shift and is hard to play against. I'm still hopeful. This road trip - NSH, STL, WSH and TB - will tell the tale.

Archived