Elimination Thread: 2014-15 Season

@jammer2

They won again last night....that's EIGHT in a row.hottest team in the league. Now if only the Flyers would lose out, and the Devils win 2!

Dare to dream baby, dare to dream. Top 6 would be awesome!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing, that I've been rooting for the Florida Panthers to get into the playoffs (mostly just to remove Boston actually), and tonight, they face the Tampa Bay Lightning...a Bolts team that has been tepid at best lately....and a loss of ANY kind puts them out.

So basically, the Bolts need to 'right their ship' and will need to hand the Florida Panthers the 9th Dooky Award in the process.

Sorry Cats, but Go Bolts.....at least you get a nice trophy out of it.... :rolleyes:

And here we go....MORE Dookies.....

First, we will start with the aforementioned Florida Panthers, who were KO'ed from playoff contention by the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Florida does indeed, get 9th Elimination Award and honestly, it is somewhat bittersweet.

Yes, that's right.

I feel bittersweet about a divisional rival, a "cross state rival" (I still don't believe that till the teams actually have some sustained meaningful games), and I team I should be rooting AGAINST, being eliminated.

Why?

Because I had been hoping they would be one of the teams that helps remove Boston from the playoffs of course...yes, I know, quite selfish. So what. :)

At any rate, Florida gets the Elimination Award, but tell you what people:  If Florida gets ANY kind of offensive consistency, then look out next season.

Team is up n coming, they have a still-top-of-the-line goalie in Roberto Luongo, and the defense will only get better with experience.

Cats had trouble scoring goals (many times getting more than TWO was a challenge!) and I believe that made all the difference in them receiving this coveted Dookie sooner than later.

Next up for the 10th Dookie award, are the Colorado Avalanche.

Oh how the fast n swift have fallen!

From divisional winner and Stanley Cup hopeful to receiving a trophy with a defecating canine on it!

LOL.....yes, the Avalanche were rumored to be 'regressing' this year, and gosh darn it, the sabre nerds actually got this one right!

So what was the problem in Colorado?

Not enough consistent goaltending?

Their 'man to man' defense picked apart by teams more ready for it this season?

Or was it that the Avs played WAY over their heads as the analytic guys suggest?

Not quite sure, but this team needs a major rebound next season. Which will be tough considering the division they are in.

There are no real weakfish teams in the flippin Central Divsion!

But for the here and now, I present to the Colorado Avalanche (and St. Patrick Roy) the Dooky Award for the Process of Elimination......don't you just love it how I keep renaming the award in different ways throughout my posts? Hahaha....well, that's what happens with awards such as these.....total crap, and we just name them as we go...on whims...... :P

Roy can now add THIS hardware to his Vezina and Stanley Cup rings collection..............

Just for you, @WordsOfWisdom , since you seem to revel in having all these teams join your Leafs in Dookie-Land...haha..

The presentation of....drum roll please....

.................................................................................

..............................................................................................

.........................................................................................................

The 11th Process of Elimination Award...and this one goes to the Dallas Stars who were charging REAL hard to catch those Winnipeg Jets...who unfortunately, beat Minnesota tonight to put the Stars squarely out of the running for the post season party.

You know, if the Stars ever get a goaltender to stand on his head on a regular basis (Lehtonen is good, but not the guy to do that), then the offense they have may very well be enough to carry this team to the playoffs.

But not this year, not with this roster...and here ya go Dallas Stars, enjoy your Dookie.

And the 12th Elimination Award goes to those underachieving Sharks.

For years a contender...but they usually wait for the post season to call it day before they can reach the Cup.

Not this year.

Decided to do their golfing a bit earlier....you know, get the jump on the other teams that will eventually get eliminated....and hopefully get dibs on golf courses NOT populated by 12 foot gators...  :P

Where to now for the Sharks is anyone's guess...they have some real questions that need to be answered, but while they do so, they can enjoy this not-so-shiny Dookie Award.

Not the prize they've been looking for with Jumbo Joe and Patrick Marleau on board, but it will have to do.

Next year perhaps?

Well, first, those pesky questions I mentioned before need to be answered............

Just for you, @WordsOfWisdom , since you seem to revel in having all these teams join your Leafs in Dookie-Land...haha..

The presentation of....drum roll please....

.................................................................................

..............................................................................................

.........................................................................................................

The 11th Process of Elimination Award...and this one goes to the Dallas Stars who were charging REAL hard to catch those Winnipeg Jets...who unfortunately, beat Minnesota tonight to put the Stars squarely out of the running for the post season party.

You know, if the Stars ever get a goaltender to stand on his head on a regular basis (Lehtonen is good, but not the guy to do that), then the offense they have may very well be enough to carry this team to the playoffs.

But not this year, not with this roster...and here ya go Dallas Stars, enjoy your Dookie.

And the 12th Elimination Award goes to those underachieving Sharks.

For years a contender...but they usually wait for the post season to call it day before they can reach the Cup.

Not this year.

Decided to do their golfing a bit earlier....you know, get the jump on the other teams that will eventually get eliminated....and hopefully get dibs on golf courses NOT populated by 12 foot gators...  :P

The Sharks are at the "blow it up and start over" stage. So long Joe Thornton. Does Thornton retire or do the Leafs sign him to a 10-year deal at 10 mil per season?  :ph34r:

Speaking of gators..... ( :rolleyes:  goes tropical fruit gal).... do they count as a "hazard" in golf? If you hit your ball next to one and it eats the ball, how do you score that? :ph34r:

Well, whaddya know...

We have a KING SIZED Dookie Award to present today..

That's right...the current Stanley Cup champion Kings will NOT be returning to defend their title, as they were eliminated in a loss to the Flames (some will say the Oilers eliminated them before that  :P  ), and Drew Doughty, Jonathan Quick, Marion Gaborik, Tyler Toffoli, Anze Kopitar, Jake Muzzin and the rest of the Kings are all the recipients of the 13th 2015 Elimination Award, MUCH sooner than many thought they would.

Did the Kings slumber a bit too long this time around?

Did they peak and now are on the decline as an overall group?

Bad luck?

Stanley Cup hangover?

Reason doesn't matter just now....they can answer those questions in the off season over 18 holes of golf.....but the fact they won't be in the Stanley Cup tournament to wreak havoc does.

Enjoy the early vacation boys. There is always next year....maybe.  :cool[1]:

Only one more Dookie to award, the 14th, before the Stanley Cup playoffs begin.

Will it be the Penguins, the Bruins, or the Senators receiving it?

That will be answered in the next day or two.

After that, all Dookies will be of the playoff series variety....and those probably hurt more than regular season eliminations.

At least it will for some clubs with designs on a Cup run this year.

We await number 14 and leave the nameplate blank till we find out who it is....but to be honest, that Dookie is looking more n more gold n black with a B hub logo on it...haha.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Kings starting Martin Jones against the Oilers this week....unforegiveable to have a Quick on the bench, shining both is Cup rings and not starting him....worst move I've seen in a while....odd, strange and troubling all wrapped into one....

After the start the Leafs had this year its another major disappointment for that franchise. They keep beating their chests and reminding us of all those cups they won, 1967 being the last and I watched a bit of that series on my black and white Zenith my parents had then.  Gee, if there was a 6 team league they might win one again.  But for now, keep buying up the tickets in Buffalo to watch McEichel.  What I hate the most of Toronto is their greed.  They come to Sabres games and yet we cant get a ticket to go there and watch the Sabres on the road.  And they come to Florida and buy up all the condo's they can get their hands on.  My late grandmother's condo in Ft Myers was Canadians all over.  A lady from Toronto next door and they asked my mother if they could buy it before it hit the market. I think my mother did sell to them.  Did not even call me.  Still fuming.  

It's years of disposable income that fans have been saving for playoff games in Toronto that never happen. I guess eventually they need to spend it on something.  ;)

It's years of disposable income that fans have been saving for playoff games in Toronto that never happen. I guess eventually they need to spend it on something.  ;)

Well, with the amount of disposable income Leafs fans have been accumulating waiting for Leafs playoffs, they could very well afford themselves a bloody brand new Ferrari 458..........

Well, with the amount of disposable income Leafs fans have been accumulating waiting for Leafs playoffs, they could very well afford themselves a bloody brand new Ferrari 458..........

Or condos in Florida. Exactly!   :lol: 

See? If you want Torontonians to stop buying up everything in the world, we need to have one of our pro sports teams (in any league) make the playoffs more than once every quarter or half century.

I bet if someone opened a bank account with some mutual funds (paying ~7% interest) and put the money they would have spent on Leafs home playoff games for the past 20 years into it, it would probably be worth a brand new condo for real... if the Leafs had the playoff track record of a team like say, Detroit.  :)

@TropicalFruitGirl26  This was a fun thread....you should make this thread an annual thing, wake it up from the dead every March/April ANNNDDD if you are gonna make it an annual thing, BRING BACK THE DOG POOPING TROPHY!!!   That is some funny shaite right there!!

Heh...thanks @jammer2 , I did something similar to this a couple seasons back on another forum and we all had lots of fun with it then too....but I didn't have the Poopie Trophy at that time though, so consider this time around an improvement...lol.

Oh, and since you liked the trophy so much, just for you, I thought I would give you the rest of the views of the trophy, you know, so you can appreciate it in its entirety and get to see what the eliminated teams are getting exactly...hehe.

post-1129-0-29164900-1428849675_thumb.jp

post-1129-0-59930900-1428849675_thumb.jp

post-1129-0-91851400-1428849675_thumb.jp

post-1129-0-28148800-1428849676_thumb.jp

Oh, and before we forget, there is ONE MORE Dookie Award presentation before the start of the playoffs.

That's right, Award #14 goes to............................

YOUR Boston Bruins!

B's flipped and flopped through most of the regular season, putting together good streaks followed by streaks where they clearly showed the competition had finally caught up with them.

Glad to see them out of the playoff personally because they still may have been a problem had they gotten in, but the team overall, does have to take a hard look at this roster and make some tough decisions.

And the cap probably won't be their friend moving forward either.

Still though, no Stanley Cup in the immediate future for Boston, but in the meantime, they can enjoy this finely crafted Process of Elimination Award....I only hope Lucic appreciates the detail that went into every line, curve, and expression on the lil doggie's face....  ;)

I think there should be different levels of Dookie too:

The black dookie: To the team that is eliminated first. (Early "eliminations" are usually accompanied by straining and often lead to bleeding and hemoroids. That would be reflected by black colored stool.)

The brown dookie: To teams eliminated 2-13. (This would be the standard dookie award.)

The golden dookie: To the team that is eliminated last.

:)

Well, guys, since you can't really polish a turd, I think we will just stick to one Dookie award.  ;)

And speaking of which....do the Jets and Senators have one waiting for them at the front door?

Has Fed Ex and/or UPS arrived with the very first playoff Dookies at addresses in Ottawa and Winnipeg?

Could be.......

Well, guys, since you can't really polish a turd, I think we will just stick to one Dookie award.  ;)

And speaking of which....do the Jets and Senators have one waiting for them at the front door?

Has Fed Ex and/or UPS arrived with the very first playoff Dookies at addresses in Ottawa and Winnipeg?

Could be.......

LOL. :lol:

It's put up or shut up time for the St. Louis Blues. I picked them as my Stanley Cup winner and they're letting the mediocre Minnesota Wild push them around. Also disappointed that Winnipeg is going out in four straight. I thought they could upset the Ducks. :(

LOL. :lol:

It's put up or shut up time for the St. Louis Blues. I picked them as my Stanley Cup winner and they're letting the mediocre Minnesota Wild push them around. Also disappointed that Winnipeg is going out in four straight. I thought they could upset the Ducks. :(

Ok, well if by 'mediocre' you mean smooth skating, hard hitting, smart on the puck, and never let up on plays, then yea....the Wild are SUPREMELY mediocre :lol:

Blues are having trouble dealing with the Wild's speed, bottom line.

Wild are also not buying into the Blues post whistle garbage.

But what the Wild are doing in regards to speed and skating is nothing new.

I have seen enough teams do that to the Blues ALL FLIPPIN SEASON LONG!

The reason the Blues are a top team is because they DO have skill and speed themselves...and if their opposition doesn't execute properly, St. Louis eats them alive.

But when you get a team like the Wild, or Flames, or Lightning, etc.....who use blazing speed, don't play into the rough n tumble stuff, and execute expertly on both offense and defense, then the talented Blues suddenly look like a bunch of meatheads on the ice trying to keep up.

And with any luck, the 'Mediocre Wild' :ph34r:  will stay the course and make sure St. Louis picks up one of these awesome Dookie awards when Round 1 is all said n done ;)

Archived