Matthew Wuest (Capgeek owner) passes away

JackStraw

A friend of his was on the TSN station in Montreal today.  He described Wuest as a really nice person.  Quiet and self effacing.

He could have manipulated his site into significant advertising dollars, but instead chose to take a higher path.  

I (like most everyone else) never knew him or knew who he was.

Too bad.  

Kudos to nhlnumbers.com (the site I currently use in place of capgeek) for running this piece:

http://nhlnumbers.com/2015/3/20/the-triumph-of-a-standard-bearer-rip-matthew-wuest

They give BIG props to Matthew Wuest and all the work he put into capgeek.

The writer admits to trying to have their site do what capgeek did, but doesn't really consider their site a true "replacement".

Classy way to acknowledge Mr. Wuest's work, while still trying to provide the same type of information.

It would have been real easy for nhlnumbers or any other similar site, to just dive in like a vulture and take credit for many of the presentations and methods of capgeek as their own, but these guys give due credit!

Nice going, nhlnumbers....I have been using you guys on a trial basis since capgeek shut down, now in light of this, I am thinking I will be sticking with you guys for the long haul!

:thumbsu:

Archived