Your 2030 and 2033 first picks in the draft

yave1964

1797527_10205268355341047_46071869307630My six month old grandson, visiting the house and hanging with Grandpa, breaking him in right with Red Wing gear. First pick in the draft in 2033.

AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDD:

My Grandson Ash who is turning 3 this weekend, has an entire set of gear of his own, the first pick in the draft in 2030. -PAXP-deijE.gif-PAXP-deijE.gif-PAXP-deijE.gifPlease ignore the old fat guy in the video, the little blonde kid is the next hockey Superstar. Just sayin.

Not sure what I am doing wrong with the video and why it is not showing up, in short, he has a dozen hockey pucks lined up and is shooting them all over the place.

Cute! I'll be be 70..

Who is gonna draft them! ;)

Who is gonna draft them, lets see... The Kansas City Cobras and the Hamilton Tiger Cats. 40 team league by then, with the NHL expanded to Russia and Sweden with the first all Euro Stanley cup the year before (the Swami knows all!).

Adorable!   :thumbsu:

And since they are a direct descendant of Swami himself, those kids'll be full of unbelievable talent, which means the Kansas City Cobras and Hamilton Tiger Cats would have to be the Oilers and Sabres of the day in order to cash in on such valuable prospects!  

@yave1964

Hilarious. 

You might be surprised to know that the keeper league I'm in has no age limit. So you see guys drafted long before they are drafted in the NHL. Guys like Crosby, McDavid, Ekblad all typically go when they are 16. I had Seth Jones as a 16 year old. Sometimes younger. Like this kid, I took last fall when he was 13: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=241379 

113 points in 30 games in AAA Pee Wee!

It sounds weird - even creepy - but many of the guys have teenage boys playing elite hockey and they actually see kids play who look like prodigies and will take a gamble. It's fun to see which hunches pan out.

@Podein25

OMG that is too funny, a bit creepy but funny!!

I have 7 kids and 4 grandkids so far, my three boys have zero interest in Hockey (I should probably get a DNA test) but two of my daugters, the oldest (29) and the youngest (13 are pretty rabid fans. And all of my grandkids, age 3 and under have all of their own equipment, my three year old grandson can even stand up a bit on skates. By next year he will be skating. Maybe a bit old at 4 by Canadian standards, lol, but by USA standards, by God the boy is gonna be a prodigy. Maybe I need to see what i gotta do to pick him up in a keeper league, :)

I have 7 kids and 4 grandkids so far, 

Holy crap, that's a big family. You don't see 7 kids much these days....odd that the boys were not interested in hockey given their dad's love of the game. But good to see the girls interested.

@yave1964

Hilarious. 

You might be surprised to know that the keeper league I'm in has no age limit. So you see guys drafted long before they are drafted in the NHL. Guys like Crosby, McDavid, Ekblad all typically go when they are 16. I had Seth Jones as a 16 year old. Sometimes younger. Like this kid, I took last fall when he was 13: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=241379 

113 points in 30 games in AAA Pee Wee!

It sounds weird - even creepy - but many of the guys have teenage boys playing elite hockey and they actually see kids play who look like prodigies and will take a gamble. It's fun to see which hunches pan out.

Xavier is supposed to be the next big thing...we'll see.

Take the MacLeod boys...the next Strome/Staal/Sutter family.

Xavier is supposed to be the next big thing...we'll see.

He's listed as 5'4" so he better start growing! Glad that you've heard of him at least. I took him late on a lark almost.

Take the MacLeod boys...the next Strome/Staal/Sutter family.

As in "Mikey" McLeod? '98 born?

Archived