It's over

They are NOT playing the same. They are playing worse. Their PK is a shadow of what it was earlier in the season. The PP has slowed down significantly. The goaltending, it's not even close!

That said, you're right--it's over.

That loss to Boston was U-G-L-Y, and we ain't got no alibi! We had 'em, let them take the game over, and did it by having our best goalie give up a softie.

I think--or should I say hope--we will extend the streak, but it will only be to allow us to exit after the first round, no more than 2nd round exit.

O-V-E-R!

I know what you guys are doing, I call it anticipating the worst case scenario, just in case it happens. This gives you an emotional cushion, basically because you have already started the grieving process for the 2015 season.....BELIEVE me, Flyer fans can sympathize with this line of thinking....we know it all to well.

I'm not trying to hang previous playoff defeats on Gustav Nyqvist, but he needs to be better than 2 goals in 23 post season games.

Assuming Zetts and Pavel are good to go, the bottom six *should* consist of Weiss, Andersson, Sheahan, Cleary, Drew Miller, with Franzen on the IR (when does he come off, or when is he due etc) . That's a little heavy on the veteran side of things, and when space is contested like it is in the SCP...you need fresh young legs to stabilize your team. There is the outside chance that Pulkanin knocks one of Cleary, Miller or Andersson out of the line-up and thus making them healthy scratches.

Ugh. damnit damn it ugh.

A season that began with such doubt, but then flowered into promise now is like being trapped in a car sliding at ninety miles an hour on ice knowing the inevitable crash is coming and it is going to hurt.

I got nuthin'......  I returned home last last night only to turn on the TV at the very moment Goal #3 went in.  Not an enjoyable way to spend an evening........  

This is unbearable.  Good Grief!

I'd be on my BUTT shocked if they beat Minnesota. A hot team vs a shall we say not so hot team?

How's your butt feeling? Just checking in out of concern, although since we won in a SO, I'm wondering if there is still damage to one butt cheek.

:P

@OccamsRazor

Wish him well. Kinda like Peyton Manning, at some point, you are better off just walking away for your own good. That's hard for many players to do, but we have had a few Red Wings do it: earlier Jiri Fischer, but more recently Lidstrom and Rafalski come to mind, but particularly Fischer, since he also had a condition but had the peak of his career to go, whereas Lidstrom just wanted to retire healthy and saw the lockout coming. I hope that Jiri might have had a talk with Cole to help him.

If he's smart, he'll be done. It would be a shame for him to become paralyzed just because he chose to continue playing and something happens. Risk too high here. No one should be spending the last 2/3 of their life wheelchair-bound.

There is NO shame in retiring from hockey at 36 with your name etched forever on the Cup. None.

@OccamsRazor

Wish him well. Kinda like Peyton Manning, at some point, you are better off just walking away for your own good. That's hard for many players to do, but we have had a few Red Wings do it: earlier Jiri Fischer, but more recently Lidstrom and Rafalski come to mind, but particularly Fischer, since he also had a condition but had the peak of his career to go, whereas Lidstrom just wanted to retire healthy and saw the lockout coming. I hope that Jiri might have had a talk with Cole to help him.

If he's smart, he'll be done. It would be a shame for him to become paralyzed just because he chose to continue playing and something happens. Risk too high here. No one should be spending the last 2/3 of their life wheelchair-bound.

There is NO shame in retiring from hockey at 36 with your name etched forever on the Cup. None.

What condition did Fischer have that caused bim to have to retire?

@OccamsRazor

Cardiomegaly, an enlargement of the heart. If you recall, he actually collapsed on the bench. His heart stopped. They had a defibrillator, and that was the only thing that saved him. He was that close to dying right there in the bench area. That game was stopped, and they had to make up the remainder of the game on a later date.

Turned out he has an issue with the electrical system in his heart, making a second event likely. He walked away from playing after that, but joined the Red Wing organization and I think he remains there to this day.

Cardiomegaly, an enlargement of the heart. If you recall, he actually collapsed on the bench.

Yes i do remember now i totally forgot about this glad he was smart and step away....you don't want to end up like the young kid that the Rangers drafted years back Alexei Cherepanov who died on the bench...Jiri is lucky he did the right thing.

Yes i do remember now i totally forgot about this glad he was smart and step away....you don't want to end up like the young kid that the Rangers drafted years back Alexei Cherepanov who died on the bench...Jiri is lucky he did the right thing.

Cherepanov was such a sad case, the KHL had no defibulator on hand and very little medical staff. It was appalling and preventable.

But as to Cole, sad case, I have seen interviews with him, he comes across as a really genuine man, here is hoping the next chapter of his life is fulfilling.

Cherepanov was such a sad case, the KHL had no defibulator on hand and very little medical staff. It was appalling and preventable.

But as to Cole, sad case, I have seen interviews with him, he comes across as a really genuine man, here is hoping the next chapter of his life is fulfilling.

I agree on both cases. Sad.

Archived